Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
We have a Bryg-Ayd hoist in a Golf SV. Wiorks well for small mobility scooter with cars back seat down. Retracts when not in use, sure there are You Tube videos.
If you order hoist at same time as Motability car it is inexpensive, but if you have one fitted later it's about 拢1200.

Registered
Have an 80Kg AutoChair hoist in my KIA Carens to lift a 42 Kilo pavement scooter into the car.

The hoist does not take up much room but the scooter is near on 42 inches long and requires seats 6 and 7 to be folded flat and the middle row middle seat to moved forward about 2 inches to get the scooter in and also requires the captains seat of the scooter to be removed before loading.

My previous scooter and the one I was using when the fitter fitted the hoist was just a tad over 40 inches long and would load into the Carens without moving the middle seat forward and it could also be loaded with the captains seats still on the scooter.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is a Autochair one we are looking at. Mrs already has a travel scooter, but it's 80Kg so think would be looking at the middle one 80 to 100Kg.
I have spoken to Autochair to see if they have fitted one to a Pro-Ceed. They have said not as yet or that they can even do it. They advised would need to asses car 1st.
Still to make mind up on car we are going for. Either Sportage or Pro-Ceed is my choice. Just need to find out how Mrs can get in and out of sportage given it's extra height.
Just waiting for PIP to get their fingers out and supply outcome. 4 Months and counting..

Registered
Yep, fitting a hoist is all about the aperture of the back door and boot length for the scooter.

About the lifting ability of the Autochair hoists as it happens a year ago when my Caren鈥檚 was just 3 months old someone rear-ended me and I had a hired car for a couple of weeks and it was exactly the same colour, trim level and model right down to having a Autochair hoist in it but the hired one even being the exact model as mine was a 150 Kg job but it did not take up any more space than my 80 Kg hoist.

Registered
Have an 80Kg AutoChair hoist in my KIA Carens to lift a 42 Kilo pavement scooter into the car.

The hoist does not take up much room but the scooter is near on 42 inches long and requires seats 6 and 7 to be folded flat and the middle row middle seat to moved forward about 2 inches to get the scooter in and also requires the captains seat of the scooter to be removed before loading.

My previous scooter and the one I was using when the fitter fitted the hoist was just a tad over 40 inches long and would load into the Carens without moving the middle seat forward and it could also be loaded with the captains seats still on the scooter.
Hello I will not be offended if you are not willing but is there any chance that you could upload a photo showing the mounting position of your hoist as I have just bought a secondhand one unfortunately with no fitting instructions .
In anticipation鈥︹ dibdob

Registered
Could you by chance upload a photo of the mounting position of the hoist as I have just acquired an autochair Olympian unfortunately without fitting instructions.
Many thanks in advance鈥︹ipdob

Registered
Could you by chance upload a photo of the mounting position of the hoist as I have just acquired an autochair Olympian unfortunately without fitting instructions.
Many thanks in advance鈥︹ipdob
I鈥檓 ever-so sorry Dibdob but only just revisited this thread today and I would assume a bit late for uploading a photo now but if you do still require it I will.

I鈥檝e change the arrangement I have for the Caren鈥檚 and have removed the AutoChair hoist and bought an auto folding scooter that weight 25Kg and lift it into the boot using an Elev8 lift and works well. For now I鈥檝e still got half the AutoChair still in the car.

Just to say my Caren鈥檚 should have been renewed last October but with chip waiting times and all that still waiting for delivery of the new car but using a folding scooter leaves a larger choice of cars as I need less room in the boot with this method.

Once again, sorry for the late reply.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts