Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day all...

Just wondering if anyone out there has any recommendation for which tyres suit the Sorento best. I rarely go off-road but do do a lot of towing.

I have a full set of Hankook's on at present but the front two are in need of urgent replacement.

All suggestions and comments welcomed.

Cheers

Spencer

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hiya,
I've gone through a couple of tyres;

Original Kumo's (x4)- very good on road and fairly competent in green lane territory (approx 33k)

Avon (x4) - fairly tough compound, wet traction not so much a problem but certainly less accomplished than the original Kumos (again approx 33k). The one issue is that they are directional, and so can only swap front to back and vice versa on the same side of the car - awkward if you're trying to keep them rotated.

2nd set of Kumos (x2)- again, good traction on and off road, although the tyre wear is only about a half of the original Kumos. Be lucky to get 15k out of these.

-Now on Falkens (x2)- very good traction, wet and dry, on and off road and quiet too. Too early to quote life-span (only 6k so far, but compared to the 2nd set of Kumos, OK.

I'd be interested to know the experience of others...

·
Registered
101 Posts
journey108 said:
im using bridgestone duelers on my 03 manuel diesal sorento and they have improved the ride and handling no end !

at what pressure are you running these duelers?

·
Registered
93 Posts
My Sorento has covered 60k miles. The original Kumho tyres lasted about 30k miles. I reversed them front to back to equalise wear and then found out that you should not do that on 4*4's.

I then Changed to Michelin Synchrones and they have lasted longer. The rear tyres still have at least 10k left in them, but I had to change the fronts due to uneven tyre wear when the wife hit a big pothole. I was surprised that the alignment was knocked out on a rugged 4*4 like the Sorento. There was probably about 5 K miles left on them. So 35/40k for the Michelins.

I've now taken a chance on some Avon ranger 70 tyres which were on offer and have the same tread pattern as the Michelins. Apparently with 4*4's you should always stick to tyres with the same tread pattern all round.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I changed the Kuhmo's as they had a very hard ride and soft side wall, so you could only reduce the psi ti 32 min...
Put Bridgestone Duellers HP and ran at 28psi, 20% off road and very quiet road noise and excellent cornering...then i added spacers to bring the wheels in line with body which further enhanced the appearance, but more importantly the ride and cornering.

Taff

·
Registered
101 Posts
there are different Bridgestone Dueler HP tires; Dueler HP 680, Dueler HP Sport, Dueler HT Sport 686, Dueler HL 683, Dueler HL 400, Dueler HT 840, Dueler HT 687, Dueler HT 684, Dueler HT 689, Dueler HT 688, Dueler AT 694, Dueler AT 693

looking at your picture it's probably the 680?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts