Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one info about which cars are affected and what years or models , ,has it been sorted on new 19 / 20 cars is it just some the 2018 cars ,as this is putting me upgrading my picanto chilli 2016 ,surley if its brakes it should be a safety recall any views please .

·
Registered
268 Posts
Most of the info is here but not to many seem to want to share information.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I mentioned our car's brake drag to the dealer at its first service. I told them it was very intermittent, but they couldn't provoke it so said they couldn't do anything. In my trade (TV/audio engineer) this would be classed as 'no fault found' and returned to customer, so fair enough. However, I would imagine that there must be quite a number of complaints about this now, so surely alarm bells ought to be ringing?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
YEP does seem strange i have never had a car with this kind of problem and dont want start now ,must be a fault with the toarnces on the pedal box , or return spring not allowing easy return of the pedal .

·
Registered
51 Posts
A long long time ago when Nissan used to be called Datsun my first car was a (please dont laugh) Cherry the brakes used to stick on that answer I found was smearing copaslip over the brake caliper fittings such a long time ago though this is probably a different thing altogether

1 - 5 of 5 Posts