Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just ordered a new Rio1, 1.1 CRDI, sight unseen. The dealer said there were none in the country yet so I have gone off what he had run off the internet. The fuel consumption was the clincher. This is my first new car as well and he said the delivery would be in the first weekof September, which seemed a bit optimistic to me, is this the norm for a new car? 2 weeks.
If anyone has any more info on the new Rio it would be appreciated.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
2 weeks does sound a bit unusual, but maybe they have stocks in the UK built up already. Let us know when you've got it how the real on the road mpg works out. Most Kia CRDi owners have been disappointed by the actual mpg they get.

·
Registered
65 Posts
2 weeks is a possible time scale if they are either in stock or on way to dealerships.

as far as im aware i was told no rio1 1.1diesels ecodynamicsdue to arrive until november as kiahave only so far produced the rio 2 (except 1.4 diesel)and 1.25 rio 1 and 1 air

1.4 petrol rio 3 due in october

1.4 diesel 2 eco due in november

1.4 diesel rio 3 due in november

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Vass177 you could be right, spoke to dealer today and he said the delivery date could be mid to late October. He blamed the fact it was a new model and there were a lot of orders. I'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Davy I am getting a 1.1 diesel solely because of the claimed 88mpg on a combined cycle. If I get over 80 I will be extremely happy. I am loosing the use of a works van in October (They are fitting them with trackers) and will have a comute of about 90 miles round trip.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Looks a nice car. One of the vids the guy got 800 miles to a tank in the Great British Challenge. Thats good but what speed was he doing to achieve that.

·
Registered
662 Posts
winters on its way so it wont be long before all thoes customers start flocking through my doors saying their car has suddenly started drinking fuel at truely unbeliveable rates and once again the forum is taken over by the weird and wonderfull of the kia public Ah Roll On Summer

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Viking Paul said:
winters on its way so it wont be long before all thoes customers start flocking through my doors saying their car has suddenly started drinking fuel at truely unbeliveable rates and once again the forum is taken over by the weird and wonderfull of the kia public Ah Roll On Summer
Bring it on

·
Registered
234 Posts
Just road tested a 1.25 2 spec Rio and found it a good drive,the steering felt ok and not as bad as some reports i've read,dash was soft touch the wife felt it was a bit high to see over (she's only 5ft 1 ),no probs my side just jacked the seat up
the annoying air con comes on when you select demist tho.
Seats felt ok not too firm and of good quality.
Had read mixed reports on ride quality from very comfortable to firm and slightly fidgety
so with that in mind i took my trusty digital pressure gauge and before i set off i checked the tyre pressures much to the amusement of the sales droids wtf 42psi allround!
They are pumped up high for transit too stop any tyre deformation,slap on the wrist for the dealer.
Hate to think what previous testers thought of the drive with rock hard tyres?
Dropped them down to the late 30's (still too high maybe) also notified Honest John who commented on the firmish ride quality on his video http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/kia/rio-2011/?section=road-test,
I found the ride quality was good but jarred a bit on a pothole mainly the rear,probably better with lower pressures,road noise was there but low.
As a comparison i would say that this car is not quite as quick as my current car (Mazda 2 TS2 1.3) but still felt lively despite weighing 74Kg more and not being run in, although on paper it has a quicker 0-62 (12.6)/Mazda (12.8).

Re Diesel
My local dealer has ordered a 1.1d (2 spec) for the end of the month Sep' so will hopefully drive it and make a decision before the 'early bird discount of £750' ends!.
This car has a 0-62 of 15.5sec yeah not great but reports say it feels quicker because of the 125ft lb torque which starts at 1500rpm plus the 6 speed box may help too.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Where's the 1.7L diesel version.

Id buy that without hesitation.
the 1.1L and 1.4L diesels are slower than my current 1.5L diesel.
No point changing unless a 1.7L version came out.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
0 to 60 for the 1.1 diesel is 15.5secs. Top speed 98mph
0 to 60 for the 1.4 diesel is 13.7secs. Top speed 106mph
The mpg figs well they look very optimistic and unbelievable really.

I would like to think the 1.7 version would be released next year. I am not taken by the 1.1 or the 1.4 version. To me its a step backwards and they would be a bit boring to drive.

Edited by: davy

1 - 20 of 57 Posts