Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The seal on the turbo of my 59 plate ceed is failing and I've been quoted over £600 for a replacement which, with VAT and labour, means I'm looking at best part of a grand to get it replaced. This is one of those decisions that makes me wonder whether it's the end of this Kia, and that saddens me.
Do you think that's a reasonable cost for a turbo for, let's face it, not the most dynamic of turbo vehicles?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Is that fitted?
Not sure where you are but on Ebay Turbo-craft list turbo refub £170, www,theturboshop.co.uk We are the only turbocharger company in the North East of England that can also offer removal and refitting on site, we have the advantage of being able to offer a full comprehensive solution in-house.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Sounds good deal, I blew a turbo and had a clutch replaced at the same time by a Kia dealer cost 2k supplied and fitted about 6 years ago.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The seal on the turbo of my 59 plate ceed is failing and I've been quoted over £600 for a replacement which, with VAT and labour, means I'm looking at best part of a grand to get it replaced. This is one of those decisions that makes me wonder whether it's the end of this Kia, and that saddens me.
Do you think that's a reasonable cost for a turbo for, let's face it, not the most dynamic of turbo vehicles?
I’ve been told about £250 refurb turbo n £350 new plus vat though so refurb with vat say £300 Plus fitting 4 hours labour poss that’s £200 yeh ur lookin from £500-650 I bet I need one n just gettin diff prices if u use a garage tbat don’t charge vat ull save least £120 what can u do I’m gonna get it changed coz need the car

1 - 6 of 6 Posts