Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi chaps has any one changed the anti-roll bar links my 03 crdi has just passed its mot with an advisory notice slight play in the n/s front, just wanted to know how much of a job it is to do,also are non kia parts available for the vehicle.
tata for now cheers

col

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi, Just wondered what, if any, symptoms the worn links have show ?. My Carens is also a 03 and has developed a strange creaking noise heard only on odd occasions and normally when on max lock. Hope you get it fixed o.k., I would suggest a look on ebay for the parts as I have seen them on there at times. Cheers.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi chaps
finally did the anti-roll bar links had them a few weeks,Icouldn,t find any on ebay so went for original parts cost £55.04 from kia.Got both sides for that, strangely not supplied with new nuts,so be carefull when you remove the old units not to round the nuts off, I used a hex socket not the dimple type, Was given a tip when removing the old ones give them a smack with a good tapping stick on the back this will break any rusted areas,But dont bend or crack the mount on the strutt, took about an hour to do both,Not a hard job but be prepared to get down and dirty,No more silly knocking noises or creaks now and the slight vibration i had has dissapeared too,Dont know how true it is but carens eat them every 2 years or so i am told,But this was a comment from a not very reliable source. I banged plenty of grease around them when done.

hope in any way this helpsthe diy motorists

col

1 - 4 of 4 Posts