Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to get a couple of tyres and the locking wheel nut was missing. The dude tuttutted and said it was a big headache which would cost me £25 per wheel. Did it in a couple of mins but dont know how. £50 kerching. When I asked Kia about a replacement, i was told some stuff about did I have the code - no idea what he was talking about, i've never seen any code. And what on earth would it be for? This is just creating difficulties. Any solutions to this thorny little problemo?

·
Registered
343 Posts
the code for the locking wheel nut will probably be on the little black plastic box the the set comes in, the place where most people store the locking wheel nut key.

·
Super Moderator
9,410 Posts
Best bet just source some plain nuts for your wheels & put them on.
Just paid £10 for 5 nuts for mine.
Locking nuts off, std on. Don't see or hear of alloys being stolen now, like you used too. They just take the whole car if needed.

Any decent or fast fit garage should be able to remove locking nuts without the key. Might even be able to put a plain one on if they have any..
Don't let them fob you off that you need a locking nut.

·
Registered
Picanto 1.0T GDi GT-Line
1,388 Posts
I suspect the insurance company likes the idea of locking wheel nuts even though, as iooi say's, there is not much wheel theft these days. I suspect the only reason to nick wheels is for the tyres.
Chap here removes them in 2 minutes without any special tools and they can be used again. Makes you wonder just how secure these locking wheel nuts are?

Reactions: KevG57

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Best bet just source some plain nuts for your wheels & put them on.
Just paid £10 for 5 nuts for mine.
Locking nuts off, std on. Don't see or hear of alloys being stolen now, like you used too. They just take the whole car if needed.

Any decent or fast fit garage should be able to remove locking nuts without the key. Might even be able to put a plain one on if they have any..
Don't let them fob you off that you need a locking nut.
From here..

Bought some for my son for all 4 wheels..thats 20 nuts rusted quite badly they were.. kia was far more expensive so a good buy I thought

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.