Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Had my car 2 weeks now, love it, put 1500 mile on it so far, whoops!

I only have 1 niggle, the bluetooth seems far to eager to connect and doesnt want to let go.

ie i turn my ignition off lock the car go in the house, and the phone is still connected. I even turned off my phones bluetooth to disconnect. When i turned it back on it connected to the car even though its locked???

anyone else have this weird situation?

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Mine does exactly the same.
Just went to have a play with it...

Turned ignition off - blue tooth still connected (blue light on phone flashing).

Locked the car - still the same.

double locked the car - still the same.

Switched off blue tooth off on phone then back on again - I got "connection to Sportage failed"

I'm wondering if it's the phone trying to hang on, need to get someone to phone me after I have locked the car to see what happens.

I have a BB 9800

·
Registered
260 Posts
Sherwaddy doesn't state what kind of phone he/she has and if its maybe isolated to one type?

Also what type of head unit, standard or SN?
Edited by: HGF69

·
Registered
260 Posts
So so far its BB related, I have an iphone, SN but no issues with it, not to say others don't however.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
It's the phone.
Got in the car engine running & got a mate to call me.

Switched off the car got out & locked it & got him to call me again.

Blue tooth light on phone still flashing the phone rang but the car did not respond i.e. not connected.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm useless phone it's too eager to connect. Also noticed if I get in car put key in ignition the phone connects even if the sat nav is off. And if your in mid call when this happens you lose the person until you turn the unit on!!

Hmm!!

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
A little trait that the Sat Nav has that you have to remember is...
If you are navigating and get an incoming call, the screen goes to the phone display and remains there until you hang up. In the mean time you can go straight past your next turning point with out realising it - there is no directing audio when the phone is in use.

I always reselect the mapdisplay when I take a call if I'm using the navagator.

Added almost 20 miles to my journey the first time I got caught out

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi Guys,Thought I would post here instead of starting a new post... Quick question as I am still wading though the manual.

Has anyone else had it, that they have connected there Iphone via blue tooth, and also plugged it in to the USB port (for music).

But then when you go to media music to get the iphone its quiet, but then you flick to the blue tooth and its there?? Problem with this is that I cannot then flick though my music?

Any thoughts?

Cheers
Abs

·
Registered
980 Posts
Let the Bluetooth connect first.

If you don't it will randomly cut the iPod sound when the Bluetooth connects.

WD

1 - 10 of 10 Posts