Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I recently traded in my trusty 2015 Pro_Cee'd for a 2019 Ceed GT-Line, 1.6 CRDI with a manual box.

I love it a lot, but, it's got this really annoying issue where sometimes when I try to shift into third (either up or down, but mostly up from 2nd), it basically refuses to go into gear.

I can only describe it as the feeling you get when trying to select a gear without using the clutch or when a clutch is on it's way out.. You know that wall you can feel where it just won't slot in?

It only does it for third gear and I have to push it back and forth a couple of times before it'll have it, but on occasion it's done it when I'm pulling out of junctions etc and it actually feels a bit dangerous as I lose what feels like a lot of momentum/speed.

It's quite intermittent but it will do it every time I drive the car. Similarly I know gearboxes can be a bit stubborn when cold, but the temperature seems to make no difference. Similarly if you sit and row between neutral and third you can feel the same resistance that's causing the issue but it's not severe enough to actually stop the gear engaging.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm really reluctant to take it to a dealership for investigation as in the past they've been absolutely useless unless it's basic stuff like an oil change, but similarly it's really annoying me and it's changing how I feel about the car!

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have this issue as well I thought it was just me coming from a 4 tech to a GT Line and thought the gear box selector was narrower and I was missing the gear.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have this issue as well I thought it was just me coming from a 4 tech to a GT Line and thought the gear box selector was narrower and I was missing the gear.
Yeah at first I thought I was still in the awkward gear change phase where you're still getting used to the car, but that's definitely not it - this is almost definitely a known issue it would seem.

I'm sure that kia themselves are actually on these forums, is there any way of tagging them?

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
There is a sectionin teh General Message Area titled KIA Customer Support and AFAIK they only look at that section.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Actually - you ARE missing a gear. I know for a fact coming from last-gen Sportage and I experienced the thing you are describing when I got my Xceed. Once my hand re-learned new motion for third gear - I had 0 problems since. It is kind of silly, but the way gearbox is aligned - you have to throw that third a bit more to the right and then you will nail it every time. Just take your time in the beginning - once you get it it will become natural.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts