Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my car serviced this week, and since i took it back I keep hearing 3 bleeps in rapid succession, the time delay can be from a few seconds up to a minute sometimes, it`s like I`ve put the car in reverse and the reversing sensors are going to bleep,even though the gear change is in neutral.

I have tried all sorts of different things, turned the alarm off, turned it on, turned the ignition on, off, sat in the car, stood beside it, even set the alarm off thinking this will reset it,and yet the **** thing still omits this annoying bleep....

Any ideas??

:help:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Had this twice. Was answered on this site. Understeering wheel is fuse box. Inside is a yellow off/on switch. Turn it off for a good few minutes. Back on. No more bleeps (anyway for a few months). good luck but check the other feeds, as I am doing this from my memory.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Any ideas??
You haven't described exactly when this 'beeping' occurs but if it's on locking/unlocking the car, then the solution offered by 'Monksilver' may well sort it. It worked for me.

If the beeps occur under different circumstances, it may well be worth trying that same remedy in any case as it does no harm.

Be aware though that your trip meters may default to zero but I can't remember anything else that needed sorting on mine as a result of turning off the fuse switch. As to how long the switch needs to be turned off, I can't say but from previous experience of electronic glitches on other cars, I always leave it off for a minimum 20 minutes although I don't know if that's really necessary.

If you can leave the car unlocked during the period, you will avoid the problem of being unable to unlock the car using the fob button or pressing the button on the driver's door. I locked mine as I have to street park these days, only to discover that I couldn't get back into the car. That necessitated the use of the key from the fob after removing the end trim piece from the driver's door handle. Once the switch was back on, everything was tickety-boo once more.

If you are familiar with early versions of the SKY box, they frequently went on the blink for no apparent reason and in most cases, repair was achieved by removing the mains plug from the wall socket for 10 minutes then restarting the box. Some of the strange things that have happened to me with car electronics over recent years have been remedied in much the same way, disconnecting the battery in some cars; turning off the fuse switch in KIAs.

Best of luck! It may save another trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You haven't described exactly when this 'beeping' occurs but if it's on locking/unlocking the car, then the solution offered by 'Monksilver' may well sort it. It worked for me.

Best of luck! It may save another trip to the dealer.
The beeps occur when the vehicle is parked in my garage with no engine running,with engine running, doors open,closed, locked, unlocked, and even when i drive down the road! in fact, any time really,

What , if any, damage could occur by turning off the main fuse switch?

I haven`t turned it off yet, I`m not that brave !

:wink:

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have narrowed it down to a likely source of the problem..the passenger front seat... I got down and with a torch searched under the seats for any loose connections, done the driver seat, no movement on the plugs, then done under the passenger seat, there i found one of the plugs just needed a slight push in, the bleeping stopped..great

I thought i had cured it as I hadn`t heard it for a while, so I left it, came back this morning, stood in the garage, silence, no bleeps.

We set off to go out for the day and ever so often it bleeped, always three bleeps, then silence.!!! I have heard it 3-4 times all day...I think I will have to switch off the main fuse switch after all...

:bounce:

·
Registered
594 Posts
I wonder if it was sorted.
Don't you just hate it when no one lets you know the out come.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts