Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Picanto 3 2021
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys. My Kia Gen5 satnav has been updated last week in a dealer, from the 2020 to the 2021 version. It has been a nightmare, and i really regret doing the update. Not only did i lose many functionalities, but now, the 3D view of the map has a TERRIBLE angle, where basically 1/3 of the screen is WASTED with a horizon. This makes no sense, and there is no (apparent) way to fix this.

I wonder if there is a way around this, or if its possible to downgrade back to 2020 version. This is so bad. Honestly, the software developers must be out of their minds...
What a sh**ty update.

·
Super Moderator
6,204 Posts
While "Here" version shows sky, it does not have 2 boxes covering a lot of the screen.

And that is from someone who uses waze all the time. Even though I find the boxes blocking out a useful are of the screen.

·
Registered
Picanto 3 2021
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
While "Here" version shows sky, it does not have 2 boxes covering a lot of the screen.

And that is from someone who uses waze all the time. Even though I find the boxes blocking out a useful are of the screen.
Nah, this is because i didnt have any destinations set on the "Here". It does show overlays and roundabouts on top of the map too, when navigation is engaged. But that is fine. Its useful info, not just a blank sky.

My biggest problem is that it was NOT like this before. What kind of software developer takes such a stupid decision and makes something worse than it was previously?
Not to mention the rest of the functionality (Manual night mode, nearby petrol prices etc...) that we also LOST with this new version. Honestly... what a joke

·
Super Moderator
6,204 Posts
You might have to go back in and reset points of interest to petrol stations etc.

·
Registered
Picanto 3 2021
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You might have to go back in and reset points of interest to petrol stations etc.
I have done that already. The thing is that, on the 2020 version there used to be a letter "i" that would popup on the screen. Once you pressed it, it would show all the petrol stations in the area, and the latest prices in each. This is now gone. Even when you set the POI to show petrol stations.
And as for the manual night mode, it is also gone. Only auto now. So, what i did was put a piece of gaff tape on top of the light sensor, so it always thinks its night.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, sorry for hijacking the topic. Just bought Kia Sorento 2018 with a Satnav and to be honest, not impressed. It is lacking many options as real speed etc. I was looking for an update on interned or via wifi, but no luck. Should I go to the dealer and ask them for an update?
Cheers!

·
Registered
Picanto 3 2021
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey, sorry for hijacking the topic. Just bought Kia Sorento 2018 with a Satnav and to be honest, not impressed. It is lacking many options as real speed etc. I was looking for an update on interned or via wifi, but no luck. Should I go to the dealer and ask them for an update?
Cheers!
What version do you have? can you send a picture of the software information screen?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Folks,

Please take a look at this thread:

·
Registered
Picanto 3 2021
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
3 Posts
Т
Ok, you still have the Black/White version. There is gonna be a LOT of change if you upgrade. You will get the purple UI.
My car originally came with the purple UI, but, it was still 2020. So, many new bugs appeared after upgrading to 2021.

Check the forum post above by @macho for more info.
Thank you!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts