Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning
I currently have a 65 plate optima xk4 that I love, but am looking to upgrade it soon and was seriously considering a optima GT estate, one thing that I find slightly annoying is that when I have android auto running all the volumes coming from that are linked ie, Spotify and the nav volume are the same, and I can't have the nav instructions quieter than audio.
I am currently on holiday in Spain and have been given a brand new ceed as a hire car that has the slightly revamped UI for the infotainment and this has the separate volume for nav commands and audio. Can anyone confirm if the 2019 optima’s work in this way?

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
one thing that I find slightly annoying is that when I have android auto running all the volumes coming from that are linked ie, Spotify and the nav volume are the same, and I can't have the nav instructions quieter than audio.
While I understand your question about volume levels, I'm not entirely sure of what it is exactly that you wish to achieve.

That said, I can confirm that the settings under the sound heading on the infotainment unit allow for different sound levels for radio, media & nav.

Altering any of those levels on the move is simple and there is the ability to mute the voice commands from any nav system employed.

·
Registered
534 Posts
You should be able to turn the nav voice down - do it when it speaks instructions to you whilst on the move and it will be the desired volume regardless of how loud your music is. That's how it works on my 64 plate Optima so surely the newer ones have this function.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I may be misunderstanding OP, but this seems to relate to using AA rather than the built in satnav.
Attached is a shot from the sound settings in latest update, showing just some of the settings available, but I don’t know if these apply to using eg Spotify and an app such as google maps or Waze in AA.

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yes, you can have different volume levels for music and Navigation in Android auto.

It is easiest to adjust it while navigation instructions are being spoken.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I may be misunderstanding OP, but this seems to relate to using AA rather than the built in satnav.
Attached is a shot from the sound settings in latest update, showing just some of the settings available, but I don’t know if these apply to using eg Spotify and an app such as google maps or Waze in AA.
yeah it is when AA is doing nav and audio ie: google maps and spotify

Yes, you can have different volume levels for music and Navigation in Android auto.

It is easiest to adjust it while navigation instructions are being spoken.
thanks, that's what I hoped

it truly is a 1st world problem

thanks

·
Registered
239 Posts
Slightly different question on the topic of Android Auto and apologies JamieGt10 if this appears to be hijacking your question.

Have just subscribed to Amazon Prime 30 day trial, mainly to get access to the Bosch TV series. It occurs to me though that part of the trial allows you to stream Amazon Prime music.

Does anyone know if I will be able to stream this through my car's Android Auto system which I mainly use for Waze/Google maps?

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Does anyone know if I will be able to stream this through my car's Android Auto system which I mainly use for Waze/Google maps?
If it helps, 'Tommo21', I bought into the Amazon Prime deal last year after researching several streaming providers.

Although the quantity of music is far smaller than from other providers, the package as a whole is excellent in my view as I buy quite a lot from Amazon and I like the free next day delivery and choice between home delivery or collect from my local PO. The range of videos is more than enough for me and there is reading material available too, I think in the form of ebooks. Prime is very competitively priced if used to the full.

Back to the music! I have downloaded quite a bit of stuff from Prime that I like and can play it through the car's system, in the same way as I do with Apple Music and Spotify. I love it!

Interestingly, but going off at a tangent, Sonos are abandoning the linkage with Apple's IOS system, which was less than reliable anyway so Spotify will be the major music source for Sonos players in the future.

I am not aware of any reason why Android phones should not work just as well with Amazon Prime music.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Thanks for the thumbsup Indalo.

Funnily enough I visited the Amazon "Manage Your Account" a short while ago just to see how you go about cancelling the subscription before the trial period ends. Would you believe they must have been second guessing my intentions, so they offered me an extra 30 days!

Not that I actually intend to cancel it as the next day free delivery is well worth paying for and the whole media range is adequate for my tastes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts