Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Super Moderator
Hi all Niro owner,

I would like to check whether the Android Auto Wireless is avaiable for 2019 Hybrid? I can only connect it through USB. Thanks.
At the moment no.
Going forward it looks like the only one's who would get a upgrade to Wireless AA/ACP are going to be head units that have UVO/Connect on them.

There are 3rd party add on units that can give you the facility, nut unless you have a wireless charge pad & a phone with that facility. It's a bit pointless.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At the moment no.
Going forward it looks like the only one's who would get a upgrade to Wireless AA/ACP are going to be head units that have UVO/Connect on them.

There are 3rd party add on units that can give you the facility, nut unless you have a wireless charge pad & a phone with that facility. It's a bit pointless.
Thanks. But It is strange that my friend told me his niro 2018 can connect with Apple Carplay wireless with his iPhone.

Super Moderator
Thanks. But It is strange that my friend told me his niro 2018 can connect with Apple Carplay wireless with his iPhone.
Might have a 3rd party dongle.. But they are nearly 拢100 馃槺

Registered
I wish ours was wired only, it's the HEV 2 and the iPhone keeps coming up not recognised. The dealer says he has done a software update but it hasn't made any difference.
Many have reported that they have problems with the lead, and it needs to be a proper one, not generic.

Registered
Niro 2 2021, Son Ceed 3 2017
Many have reported that they have problems with the lead, and it needs to be a proper one, not generic.
Sorry if im not getting this, but if it's wireless isn't the lead just charging it. I can get in the car and CarPlay will connect, make calls and Waze runs with the phone in my pocket, after about 5 minutes the "phone not recognised comes up". I then press menu and CarPlay and Waze is displayed again straight away for a while before dropping again. The Samsung on the other hand works no problem without the cable.

Super Moderator
Sorry if im not getting this, but if it's wireless isn't the lead just charging it. I can get in the car and CarPlay will connect, make calls and Waze runs with the phone in my pocket, after about 5 minutes the "phone not recognised comes up". I then press menu and CarPlay and Waze is displayed again straight away for a while before dropping again. The Samsung on the other hand works no problem without the cable.
Has the i-phone got some power saver setting enabled, or auto shut off after a fixed time?
As that would be my guess at why it cuts off.
I used to have a HTC and if power saver was even enabled it caused no end of issues with AA.

Relly can not see the point of wireless AA/ACP unless you have a wireless charging pad & a phone that can make use of it. Due to power requirements.

Registered
I don't have an I-Phone but I came across this on another Kia forum which may explain the problem:

((1) 2022 Niro EV | Kia Niro Forum)
"Quite apart from what the car will do, I have a piece of advice for iPhone users: Don't upgrade to iOS 15.x yet. It has a somewhat crippled version of Apple CarPlay that allows the phone to connect only some of the time. I have a new iPhone 13 that currently runs iOS 15.1. I spent a half hour on the phone today with an AppleCare guy, who told me the bugs in iOS 15 concerning CarPlay are a known issue. I'll be looking out for an iOS software patch (either 15.0.1 or 15.1.1) in the next week or so."

Registered
Not in my 2020 model, no, the lead provides both charging and data transfer.

Registered
Niro 2 2021, Son Ceed 3 2017
Not in my 2020 model, no, the lead provides both charging and data transfer.
Mines March 2021 and its definitely wireless, I've established its the screen projection which drops, when the device not responding message comes up Waze is still giving voice directions through the speakers. Having it plugged into the cable or not makes no difference. Looks like an email to Kia to see if they can shed any light on it.

Registered
Sportgage 1.6 t-gdi AWD DCT GT line
I doubt whether Kia will ba able to do much, most of the time when there is an issue it is the phone side of things as this is where most of the work is going on. An example of this was the system locking up when using Spotify some time ago this happened on both my Mazda and Kia and has now fixed itself. Another was mysterious connection drops which again happened on both the Mazda and Kia, Google was blaming cables, and again this problem has largely gone.

Super Moderator
There are lots of posts about ACP and car head units on the Apple forums. Especially where a wireless connection is involved.
Seems Apple think it is not their issue & blame car manufactures. But given it effects so many marques of cars. That seems a cop out. Very much like Samsung S21 wireless connection issue. Which in the end they admitted the problem was theirs and had to issue a update that took at least 6 months to come out.

Seems to have got worse with IOS 14 & upwards.
So as ever with problems like this. It always helps if people add version of IOS etc they are using. As well as software version on car (Map version is helpful as we have known dates of the various versions)

Registered
No idea, I've got the 10.25" screen and the Engineering mode on that is extremely limited, much more so than the 8" units like yours.

By the way the Engineering mode password for the latest software versions for the 10.25" screen is now 0652 (was 0428).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts