Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any plans to offer an upgrade to the in-car software to allow Android Auto to connect with wireless. I know it is available for other Head Units. I have a 69 plate Sorento

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have seen comments, on other sites, that wireless AA uses so much battery power, in your mobile phone, that you still need to plug the mobile knto a power socket therefore making the feature useless!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have seen comments, on other sites, that wireless AA uses so much battery power, in your mobile phone, that you still need to plug the mobile knto a power socket therefore making the feature useless!
I was thinking that if it was on the wireless charging pad it should not be a problem.

·
Super Moderator
2,202 Posts
I think it has been ruled out as a upgrade for now. I think it was a hardware issue, rather than software related.
But who knows.
Agree if you have a wireless charging pad then it's a viable option. Otherwise it's only a short drive option, before phone battery is flat.

·
Registered
308 Posts
If the reports I've read are correct, I wouldn't want my phone on a wireless charge pad while running wireless AA, the temps will be horrendous. Plus given the discharge rate others are getting, it'll kick the life out of the battery, possible long term damage.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I made the decision a long time ago to switch off the wireless charging pad as I always plug-in my iPhone anyway and was unsure about the possibility of over-charging the phone. I don't find it a hardship any more than buckling up and it's second nature now.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Are there any plans to offer an upgrade to the in-car software to allow Android Auto to connect with wireless. I know it is available for other Head Units. I have a 69 plate Sorento

Sorry, there will be no updates that retrospectively change the functionality so this will remain a wired feature.

Kia Customer Service
0333 202 2990

Visit Discover Our Kia Range & Find A Local Dealer | Kia Motors UK
Follow https://twitter.com/KiaUK
Join in www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Watch www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk

Customer Service opening hours:

Monday to Friday: 08:30 - 19:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 13:00
Sunday: Closed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts