Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
1,415 Posts
Have you tried uninstall/reinstall the app on your phone?

·
Registered
317 Posts
More likely to be the usb cable connecting your phone to the car that is faulty. This is a common problem with Apple phones, so I'm sure Android phone will have similar problems. Otherwise as Mr macspot mentions above it could be a software issue so an uninstall and reinstall may cure the problem.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Android Auto updates often stop working if the phone your using has been dropped from the supported models but they don't admit to this. They will tell you it works with all versions of Android/Apple ios above a certain spec which may be true as long as the phone make/model is still supported.
There are number of threads about this over a number of years in different model sections. I had the same problem with my HTC One M9 and my 1997 Soul Sport. Eventually changed the phone (Galaxy S10e) and all is perfect.

·
Banned
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tryed different cables tryed uninstall app it's none of them it's common fault with Kia's it's randomly started doing it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yes my android auto stops and starts as and when it likes. I have two mobiles and the cable works fine. Sometimes you plug in and it works, other times nada. It's one of the bugs on my Kia hate list, along with the stupid intermittent wipers.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I've had two Kia's, with two different phones, and iPod and a FiiO and it's not something I've experienced.

·
Banned
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes my android auto stops and starts as and when it likes. I have two mobiles and the cable works fine. Sometimes you plug in and it works, other times nada. It's one of the bugs on my Kia hate list, along with the stupid intermittent wipers.
Yeh it was like this before but now it's completely not working

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Both the phones are Android phones.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
It's probably not a OnePlus I noticed any other usb cable won't work with my phone only a OnePlus official.
Both Samsung Galaxy's, a J6 and a S9, both work perfectly on USB with Android Auto version 6.0.615333. Could it be model related.

·
Registered
329 Posts
It's probably not a OnePlus I noticed any other usb cable won't work with my phone only a OnePlus official.
What is the exact cable required for Android Auto

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
What is the exact cable required for Android Auto
Unfortunately some after market USB cables are not suitable for use when you want data, they will only provide charging on the car. I have a cables that work okay on a computer, but won't on the car and its not just a Kia thing, my daughters Renault is the same. The phone manufacturers cable will usually be suitable.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Unfortunately some after market USB cables are not suitable for use when you want data, they will only provide charging on the car. I have a cables that work okay on a computer, but won't on the car and its not just a Kia thing, my daughters Renault is the same. The phone manufacturers cable will usually be suitable.
I use this cable in my car and it works perfectly with Android Auto for me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Banned
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes you are correct my original worked for 6 months and now stopped working I think it's something to do with Android app. Tbh the Kia usb outlets do not have the best connection the one in the rear was off centre to the point you couldn't even put it in and this on a brand new car? But I managed to get one corner in and the rest but if someone didn't know this can end up breaking it and Kia would blame them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have got a cheap USB C cable from ebay.
For reasons I have no idea about, Android Auto only works if the cable that plugs into my phone is plugged in one way. If I rotate the cable 180 degrees, it does not work. Strange for a cable that be plugged in either way.

·
Banned
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have got a cheap USB C cable from ebay.
For reasons I have no idea about, Android Auto only works if the cable that plugs into my phone is plugged in one way. If I rotate the cable 180 degrees, it does not work. Strange for a cable that be plugged in either way.
Yes, but I've got the original cable worked for 6 months and now says connecting can not connect.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts