Kia Owners Club Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
You can download the software from various sources. But it is not a approved method.
But as far as the UK goes the official route is via dealer.

We did have some hope a while ago as a official Kia site appeared that allowed user to update themselves. But have since found out that Europe was added in error and has now been removed.
I now need to find those various sources, then.

KCS says Android Auto is not possible for my year car. But makes little sense as I've come across people who have it on their cars around the same age as mine.
(just trying to get in touch with them, but no response yet)

·
Registered
738 Posts
I now need to find those various sources, then.

KCS says Android Auto is not possible for my year car. But makes little sense as I've come across people who have it on their cars around the same age as mine.
(just trying to get in touch with them, but no response yet)
I think 2015/2016 seems to have been a crossover point for some of the media systems. You would find out for definite if you message Kia Customer Services with your VIN number. I know on Sportage's if the VIN year letter is 'H' or above it should have Android Auto/Carplay, otherwise it can't have it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think 2015/2016 seems to have been a crossover point for some of the media systems. You would find out for definite if you message Kia Customer Services with your VIN number. I know on Sportage's if the VIN year letter is 'H' or above it should have Android Auto/Carplay, otherwise it can't have it.
Thanks. Did that (provided VIN number). If really true, then swapping out the media unit for a newer one seems like a good idea.

·
Registered
15 Posts
UPDATE:
I found the latest 2020 software and maps online and did the update myself. All working beautifully!

2015 Soul EV (27kWh)

Who knows what KCS are going on about.

Thanks all for your input/help

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for kicking up this old thread! I’m also a new Soul owner (14 plate connect+) and my maps are horrendously out of date! (they’ve re-routed the whole of central Bristol since it was last updated, clearly!)

So it was good to see some info about how to go about getting things updated if I want. Not sure it’s worth the hassle or expense of paying a Kia servicing centre to update (yet) though - I can just use google maps via CarPlay if it becomes too troublesome...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for kicking up this old thread! I’m also a new Soul owner (14 plate connect+) and my maps are horrendously out of date! (they’ve re-routed the whole of central Bristol since it was last updated, clearly!)

So it was good to see some info about how to go about getting things updated if I want. Not sure it’s worth the hassle or expense of paying a Kia servicing centre to update (yet) though - I can just use google maps via CarPlay if it becomes too troublesome...
If your unit is the same as mine, then updating the software to get CarPlay will just be a repeat process to then update the maps for onboard satnav.

Good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Totally new to this. Bought a Soul 2015 in Jan. Had a service yesterday and asked about sat Nov update, was told £40. Big service next year £300+ could they not include it in that ???
Sorry for being thick, but what is Carplay and Android auto

·
Super Moderator
2,923 Posts
Totally new to this. Bought a Soul 2015 in Jan. Had a service yesterday and asked about sat Nov update, was told £40. Big service next year £300+ could they not include it in that ???
You can but try to bend the dealers ear on the £40, but it is the cost for their rime to do the upgrade.

Android Auto & Apple Car play are when you connect your phone to the head unit via USB and the head unit mirrors the app on your screen.

Not a daft question at all :)
So you get different features depending on phone (Apple or Android)
So there are for example different navigation app's. Ability to send text etc via voice and different music apps.

·
Registered
738 Posts
The sat nav and media system updates are not part of the service, you have to request them. Usually there is a yearly software update, which normally happens during the second quarter of the year (Apr to Jun). This year it was delayed because of Covid-19, however the 2020 updates are now available. You will find more information on this thread here.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts