Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a KIA Niro 2 - 2018 model from GWR Kia last week. We are struggling to connect Android Auto from our phones to the Car. Tried with 3 different phones in the house and none seem to connect with Niro. The error message on car screen is that unable to connect check the phone. When we were at the KIA Showroom, the salesman showed us Android auto connectivity with his phone and we saw it was connecting. I am totally frustrated with this and just want to troubleshoot and get some help to get our car connected to android auto. Any help from the forum will be hugely appreciated.

Super Moderator
What phone's are you running. Size of screen?
Are the phones set up for Bluetooth on head unit?
Showing a tick in the screen mirroring option for AA?

Often deleting AA and reinstalling and starting from scratch solves the issue.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What phone's are you running. Size of screen?
Are the phones set up for Bluetooth on head unit?
Showing a tick in the screen mirroring option for AA?

Often deleting AA and reinstalling and starting from scratch solves the issue.
I have tried for S8, S10 6 inches screen. Screen mirroring tick mark did not see

Super Moderator
You need to go into setting on the infotainment unit & make sure that you have that tick in the Screen mirroring settings.

Without that, it will never work.

I take it you have a 7" screen on the car?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You need to go into setting on the infotainment unit & make sure that you have that tick in the Screen mirroring settings.

Without that, it will never work.

I take it you have a 7" screen on the car?

there is no screen mirroring settings in the infotainment screen in the car..puzzled hope i find a solution

Super Moderator
there is no screen mirroring settings in the infotainment screen in the car..puzzled hope i find a solution
Can you post some pics of what icon are available under the settings options on the infotainment screen.
So below is from Daughters Picanto with a 7" display.
1st click on set up, physical button on right, that then brings you to the below screen.
Click into phone projection (may have a different name as per Kia video above) and tick the AA option.

Reactions: Sad555

Super Moderator
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
Be aware on some models you may have to swipe the screen left (or right) to get a second page of icons.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can you post some pics of what icon are available under the settings options on the infotainment screen.
So below is from Daughters Picanto with a 7" display.
1st click on set up, physical button on right, that then brings you to the below screen.
Click into phone projection (may have a different name as per Kia video above) and tick the AA option.

View attachment 9239
I have attached the photos

Attachments

Super Moderator
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
Okay so have you tried different USB cables? Are they the phone makers original cables?

Super Moderator
OK, so AA is enabled in the head unit.
You are using the USB plug fitted to the car & a good start is the cable that came with your phone. Although I do use a 3rd party one that is really short & has a 90 deg usb "c" fitting.

Registered
I have always found that most of the time any issues like this are using third party cables. It needs to be the genuine cable, which can be a pain if you only have one and it is in your charger next to the bed most of the time. You have gone through the troubleshooting of different phones (which are definitely AA compatible) so next to check is the cable.

Not sure if it is a necessity but maybe make sure that the phone you are connecting has also been connected to the car's bluetooth before.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts