Kia Owners Club Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Update; Local dealer called me yesterday. They said their technical team contacted with Europe team about issue. They will update me I guess it will or might solve one day but god knows when? We all should contact with local dealer. They must solve it
Great news!! Mines wouldn’t even connect yesterday at all. It wouldn’t even read the USB port even when I connected it. It’s driving me crazy now. I’m hoping to get across to my dealer some point soon!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Great news!! Mines wouldn’t even connect yesterday at all. It wouldn’t even read the USB port even when I connected it. It’s driving me crazy now. I’m hoping to get across to my dealer some point soon!!
OMG. the problem is accelerating. Thats might prove my point. I searched a lot and test a lot. I am suspecting from USB port too. I told the loca dealer too. it is a technical problem not software. let s push the local dealers for sure. They must find a solution. in this era car with our CarPlay really not happening. I hope they will solve it.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sportage 1.6T GDI ISG GT-LINE 5DR DCT AUTO [AWD] in Phantom Black.
12 Posts
I have also had the same issue of Apple CarPlay randomly disconnecting in my 2020 Sportage GT Line
I tried all of the standard suggestions, restarting my iPhone 11, apply the latest software updates to both my iPhone and head unit and also using a brand new Apple USB cable, all to no avail - I still had the random disconnecting when playing music via Apple Music.
What has worked for me to resolve the random disconnecting is to make sure that Apple Music is always running on my iPhone when using CarPlay - since I’ve tried this over the last couple of weeks and, touch wood, I’ve not had Apple Music disconnect from CarPlay.
I too jinxed myself saying I had no issues for days - since day 4, CarPlay has disconnected so many times I’ve given up on it and gone back to usb music and standard navigation software with a live data connection. Rock solid functionality. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Reactions: Navo22

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi all is there any update?
My local kia told me they are waiting software update. But I am not so sure about it. Will it solve it or not?

I heard it is a problem about car chips. They used chips without CarPlay and put the car with software. Bluetooth connected one are much better then cable ones.

·
Registered
47 Posts
hi all is there any update?
My local kia told me they are waiting software update. But I am not so sure about it. Will it solve it or not?

I heard it is a problem about car chips. They used chips without CarPlay and put the car with software. Bluetooth connected one are much better then cable ones.
No update from me really. I did go to the dealer but they said I need to get the car booked in so they can connect it up to their computer to find out what version of software it is running. I’m just going to hang fire and see when this update comes out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I too jinxed myself saying I had no issues for days - since day 4, CarPlay has disconnected so many times I’ve given up on it and gone back to usb music and standard navigation software with a live data connection. Rock solid functionality. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Interestingly, since the recent Gen 5 Std update, I’ve used CarPlay and not had it disconnect once.
Fingers crossed, again 🤞🏻

·
Super Moderator
10,059 Posts
Well latest Gen5W update is from 11-02-22. New version due soon.

To check versions.
Just hit settings button on head unit.

How to is here..

·
Registered
11 Posts
While I'm sorry you also have the same issue @Scott191 I'm glad i'm not the only one as a random intermittent fault will be so hard to get the dealer to do anything about!

Ah interesting I hadn't realised the USB-C port also works for AA / ACP, thought it was purely for charging. Will find a suitable cable to give that a go and see if it improves things.

I am unable to tell specifically if the front vs back speakers cut out unfortunately as i'm unable to tell which directions sounds come from very well as I'm 100% deaf in one ear 😅.

There was one occasion where the bass from Android was very "tinny" and completely fine on iPhone, but that seems to be the Android phone's problem as a reboot of the phone resolved that.

I also had an issue where the GPS positioning of the car on AA was off on the next street (i.e the car was drawn parallel to the road i was actually driving on) but voice commands were still 100% accurate to the journey I was making. I assume that was an issue with the car's internet connectivity as the GPS time was also off by 1 hour at the time. Issue seemed to go away after I left a specific area.
I have fully experienced everything you have said. The dealers aren't that helpful either

·
Registered
2022 KIA SPORTAGE GTLine S 1.6T HEV AWD Experience Green/Black
490 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Interestingly, since the recent Gen 5 Std update, I’ve used CarPlay and not had it disconnect once.
Fingers crossed, again 🤞🏻
…and, from the next trip out, it’s disconnecting regularly with the “Apple CarPlay connection error” message at the top of the screen.
The USB socket does seem to be a looser fit than, for example, a laptop or charger connection - I wonder if that could be the cause, momentarily breaking the connection ?

Reactions: Navo22

·
Registered
8 Posts
…and, from the next trip out, it’s disconnecting regularly with the “Apple CarPlay connection error” message at the top of the screen.
The USB socket does seem to be a looser fit than, for example, a laptop or charger connection - I wonder if that could be the cause, momentarily breaking the connection ?
I am sorry to hear that. that's y concern since the beginning. It might be USB connection problem mine a little looser too. They say no impossible but I am afraid it might be.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Also in September Apple will release new Apple CarPlay. İt might solve all the problems or it might cause more.
Kia GEN 5 this month update is essential and critical. We will see I am following it. Let you know all about that.

at the meantime my suggestions don't play with you phones adjustment nothing wrong with them this is kia mistake.
But also BMW cars have same issues too

·
Super Moderator
10,059 Posts
Also in September Apple will release new Apple CarPlay. İt might solve all the problems or it might cause more.
Kia GEN 5 this month update is essential and critical. We will see I am following it. Let you know all about that.

at the meantime my suggestions don't play with you phones adjustment nothing wrong with them this is kia mistake.
But also BMW cars have same issues too
Just like Samsung blamed Google, car manufactures. Yet it was their software that was the problem & took them nearly a year to fix.
Apple owners only have to search the net to see that there are issues no matter which car you have.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts