Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Rob (Enzos my cat, as in Simons Cat! for those who visit You Tube).....just purchased a1.6 Ceed LS hatch 08, with just under 15,000 on the clock, in a steel grey/blue ? (I'm obviously colour blind).Our first Kia, very impressed, space, speed, comfort, equipment level, so I joined the club.
Previously owned a Mitsubishi Carisma that bit the dust in an accident but also running a Volvo S40,
which is nowhere as lively as the Ceed.
Looking forward to participating and finding out more about this little gem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome Drakey....my wife and I looked long and hard, visiting every car sales place we came across, as well as attending the car auctions at Peterborough on numerous occasions, before we decided it was the Ceed that we would keep our eyes open for......and we have not been disappointed.Q. ...Drakey have you had any experience or have you other knowledge of fitting mud flaps to your Ceed or a towbar ? ... I'm obviously contemplating fitting these two items.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Ahhhhh - mudflaps !!!!!

Many have discussed the Kia fit ones, very small and very pricey!
Quite small, do they offer any protection?
If not 'snuggly' fitted, dirt ingress can cause corrosion (I've heard)

I have rally style flaps from Halfords (cut in half to limit boy racer appeal lol)
...as I suffered from bad stone chipping on my rear arches thanks to the frints kicking up crap from these Norfolk roads !!!!

As for the tow bar - no idea sorry, have you posted in the Ceed section, someone will have all the info.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
...thanks for that Draykey, I'll keep digging !

Happened to see a nice set of flaps on a Toyota Yaris today and the profile does not look a million miles away from the Ceed so i may pay the Toyota dealership a visit and see if they will let me offer a pair up to the Ceed......I'll let the know how I get on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts