Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car had an mot and some minor parts replaced yesterday. I got my car back last night and I could swear there was plastic here prior to handing my car over? Cee'd SW 12 plate automatic. Is there supposed to be plastic cover here? Hi I'm new btw ☺

·
Registered
430 Posts
Looks like the lower plastic trim is missing, that is the sound deadening which should be clipped up. What were the parts replaced as nothing to check under there for the mot.
Best to go back to the garage

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Looks like the lower plastic trim is missing, that is the sound deadening which should be clipped up. What were the parts replaced as nothing to check under there for the mot.
Best to go back to the garage
It had a dust cover replaced and apparently my front washer motor....but turns out the motor was fine they found the switch for the washers on the steering wheel is back to front.....they also said I was missing the middle seat belt clip on back seat....that was there all the time but they didn't look for it as the rear seat was hairy! Luckily it was spotted by the mechanic who did the jobs to pass the mot so it really only failed on the dust cover.....I will chase him up now I know its definitely missing something or the material needs pinning back up.

·
Super Moderator
4,472 Posts
1 reason that I always clip all the rear seat belts in place before MOT.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 reason that I always clip all the rear seat belts in place before MOT.
Lesson learned after never having that issue before! It must differ from place to place I must have been spoilt at my last garage.

How do I go about the washer issue tho that failed but was found to be working just fine by the mechanic...just that it's push forward for front windscreen wash and pull back for rear windscreen wash?

·
Registered
430 Posts
If you search on here it is the same washer motor for front and back, I wonder if someone has replaced your washer motor in the pass and crossed wires or pipes if that is possible?.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you search on here it is the same washer motor for front and back, I wonder if someone has replaced your washer motor in the pass and crossed wires or pipes if that is possible?.
That is possible I will look. I'm hoping when the next service is due my mechanic will swap it back round. As now I know future mot testers will need me to leave a note on how to use my washers! It did pass after the mechanic explained/demonstrated how they worked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts