Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 09 Kia ceed Diesal with a seized alternator . Any one know how to remove it

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hi,
Just changed my on 09 ceed diesel 2.0 crdi, not sure what engine you have? Real pain to do and even though I purchased new alternator with vac pump I used the original (vac) as could not get to oil feed & drain clips.
Purchased on Ebay from schmitz_re. £110

1. Jack car and fit axle stand after removing wheel and battery.
2. take plastic shield off 3bolts.
3. Fit 17mm ring spanner to self adjuster tensioner.
4. Turn spanner and loosen belt and remove.
5. Remove alternator charging lead and plug.
6. Undo vac pump 3 bolts and separate, little bit of oil as fed from engine.
7. Remove alternator bolts, bottom bolt is long and goes onto square nut which self tightens when refitting.
8. Fit in reverse, making sure you refit vac pump onto shaft.
I changed belt at the same time as £15.

I think that is about it and is a pain to do on the 2.0 crdi, not the best job to do but when you first look at it you would think it is so easy as just sitting there at top of engine, just the position of the clips & pipework on vac pump.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I changed the alternator on a 2008 1.6 diesel turbo, unlike Richard B mine was a straight change out, no vac pump on mine.
A bit fiddly but easy enough to do, I bought the alternator from a company in Devon, it turned up quick, and when I returned my old one I got some cash back.
I did put the details with pictures on this site you should be able to find them.
Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts