Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys; newbie here.....

I have (finally!) removed the alternator from my '03 Sedona as the pulley had wedged itself against the side of the engine cavity!!!

The pulley has come off of the end of the spindle, all of the bearings have fallen out and the inside collar(?) has corroded and split.

I have a couple of questions: Firstly, why are there bearings in there as surely that will make the pulley spin on the spindle and ot drive the alternator? and secondly, can I replace the pulley without replacing the entire alternator?

Any help and guidence would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Alan

·
Registered
422 Posts
Hi Alan, Can I just ask if the drive belt snapped when all this happened - if so get back and I'll tell you a horror story that happened to my father in law on his 02 Sedona when his alternator did the same thing. to answer your question about the alternator - no you have to change the whole thing and if its as bad as you describe it probably needs replacing anyhow!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi guys can anybody help me out 2004 Sedona carnival crdi how do you get the alternator out I couldn’t see anything on the forum any pointers would be appreciated

1 - 5 of 5 Posts