Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The alternator on our 2009 Ceed burnt out couple of weeks back.

Not very good for car less than 2 years old, has anyone else had this.

Not only that is taking ages to repair. They have to `make` one, what does that mean?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Not carried as a stock item,probably has to come from the factory. Gone are the days when all main dealerships carried a full range of spares. Penny pinching progress !!.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
They don't have any in stock so they have to wait on one coming from Slovakia. But I find it hard to believe there is not a spare one in this country.
An alternator can go at any time and its not just down to what make of car its in.
Edited by: davy

·
Registered
94 Posts
If they are not in stock it means one of two things: - Either they hardly ever fail so they only keep one or two in the country and they used both last week, or they are a huge problem and they cant get enough of them.

As its the first report I have seen on this or any other forum it must be the first scenario.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think you're about right Eric.

The last time I had an alternator problem was on a company Talbot Alpine back in the 80's. Left me stranded with a bubbling battery at an MSA on the M5 west of Bristol. Had to be carried onward to our holiday cottage near Kingsbridge and the Land Rover Defender with added V8 motor blew a top hose on the climb out of Totnes. Happy days.

SDA

·
Registered
49 Posts
There is a known problem with the wiring loom to the alternator, the loom is probably the cause for the hold-up. Did u have any faults leading up to this? like battery going flat?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts