Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
this maybe a stupid question but i have looked in my handbook with no success.

i have a 07 rio crdi LS with remote locking and alarm.

today i locked the car as normal and after about 5 mins the alarm went off so went out unlocked and locked again.

Another 5 mins and off it went again, my question is if i lock it with the key am i right in thinking it does not set the alarm. only if i use the remote button it will be set.

it goes in for a service soon so will get it checked out i just dont wont to wake everyone up at 3 in the morning.

Would be greatful of any help.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i think the alarm is set by the remote as if you lock the car by remote then unlock by key the alarm goes off. So that means the locks are not wired to the alarm.

Sounds like maybe a door switch is faulty, there's one on all doors near the lock, and one in the engine bay, near the front on your left side. I dont recall seeing one in the rear hatch, i should think so, just press the switch a couple of times to make sure they're working and free moving.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks i will check the switches, i did wonder if it was to do with all the cold weather we have been having or that might just be wishful thinking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts