Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I'm new to this site and thought I'd start with a couple of easy question . I have just brought a 2004 Sedona and when I set and unset the alarm the horn beeps once, I'd rather it not beep and the indicators flash, is there anythIng I can do to change this??? Also is it normal that the interior lights don't come on when the sliding doors are opened?? ( the four domes and the centre one); they do work manually , and when I push the dome switch in the front dashboard!!
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
i dont think anything can be done with the factory fit alarm to make it flash instead beep all i can think of if this really a problem for you is to get a alarm system fitted and factory fitted alarm removed if you was to get a thatcham approved alarm it may bring your insurance down and also all light should not come on when you open sliding doors but central one should hope this helps regards ste

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, there is a way to temporary way to stop the annoying horn beep when you lock the car especially at night when you do not want to wake the neighbors, If you close the car door and then press the unlock button you will hear the central locking trigger open and after 30 seconds the car will lock itself without the honk of the horn. The Kia has a security door lock featureas like most new cars so if you unlockthe car door and do not open any doors withina30 second periodthe car automatically thinks that you do not need to enter the car then locks itself for you just incase you forget to lock it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
sorry forgot to let you know about your interior lights, if you press your interior light switch in on the dashboard this should turn on the lights when you unlock the car doors and a short delay to go off after closing the last door, give it a try and if still no lights then with the dash button still pressed in re-press the interior switches again and she what happens, have a play around as you might find the interior lights will work if not then you have a problem.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm pretty sure my 02 Sedona TD doesn't have a factory fitted alarm, there's no mention of it in the handbook. If you lock the door manually with the key there's no annoying beep.

·
Registered
195 Posts
don't think my 03 has an alarm, it has an immobiliser, like longcoldwinter, theres no mention in the handbook.

was going to say about the lights, similar to counsy, turn them on, shut the doors, if they dont go out, press the light so it does, they should come on/off with the doors then.

Im thinking of modifying mine if I can, so that they come on with the doors open, but you can also switch them on with the switch on the dash with the doors closed (like the minibuses that i have driven)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Guys just a quick heads up, I have a 55 plate Sedona and all my Interior lights come on when the doors open or when I unlock the car via the remote control, this is with the dashboard switch pressed in but when the switch is out only the cockpit lights work. The Sedona does seem to have an alarm which works with the horn as whenI locked the car with the drivers window open with the remote and then opened the drivers door after 30 secs from inside the car and the horn alarm sounded and also if I lock the car with the key the horn still beeps and thats why I replied to Martin1978 to unlock the car even though the car is unlocked so the horn dont sound.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've tried locking it with the window open then opening the driver's door and - nothing - no alarm fitted.

·
Registered
399 Posts
If there's an alarm on your vehicle there is a button on your fob which you can activate the alarm by pressing it, if not then I presume that you don't have one!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts