Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Rio CRDi has been feeling a bit sluggish lately and the fuel economy had dropped a bit. Had a look at the airfilter and it looked pretty bad, even though it had only done about 17000 miles in the car. Went to a dealer in south London today and picked up a new one, now the car seems a lot happier. I think it's a good idea to change the air filter every 12,000 miles, not the 25,000 recommended in the handbook. It's not as if I drive in particularly bad conditions, yet they seem to block up quickly.
Had a bit of fun getting the right part. The guy gave me a filter with a part number ending in "G00" It fitted the air box in the car ok, but it looked totally different, it was paper instead of fabric and itdidn't have the long plastic sides on the filter under the rubber seal. I took it back and we checked the numbers on the old filter with the new one. They were exactly the same except the old one ended in "G100". He looked back on the computer and sure enough, the ending should have been G100, he'd picked the wrong one off the shelf.

Good job I was suspicious and double checked!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts