Kia Owners Club Forum banner

Aircon Retro fit

5K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  rosestewar 
#1 ·
Bit of an odd one here, but my 2012 Kia Rio Mk3 doesn't have stock aircon installed and looking to retrofit one.
Wondering if anyone here has any advice or experience on either retrofitting or working on the Kia Rio aircon system.
So far the plan is to buy everything from a wrecked Kia with air con and install it myself.
Any advice or questions just ask.

#3 ·
Likely to be a huge job with lots of potential for things to go wrong.
The Dash would likely need to be removed to fit the Evaporator and feed the Pipework through the Bulkhead.

If you like the Rio, look at the cost to PX it with a Model 2 or 3. I presume yours is the 1?
It is likely to be the cheaper option.

#5 · (Edited)
All I know is the removal and installation of the air conditioner compressor in this model. The structure of the air conditioner compressor is carried out in the reverse order of removal, taking into account the following: pour fresh oil into the compressor; adjust the tension of the drive belt of the air conditioner compressor. On vehicles with power steering, loosen the bolts A, B, and C, reduce the adjustment bolt D, and remove the drive belt of the air conditioner compressor. Remove the air conditioner compressor. Immediately close all open openings and pipes to prevent moisture from entering the air conditioning system from the air. Fill the air conditioning system with refrigerant. Just in case, read https://www.marvellous.sg/aircon-light-is-blinking/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.