Kia Owners Club Forum banner

AirCon Hissing

13K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  freebo12000 
#1 ·
Recently the aircon has gone really noisey inside the car, it makes like a hissing sound through the vents which drives me nuts. Goes away if the aircon is off however I have it on to stop the windows steaming up even when it's cold .... any ideas what it could be. Anyone had this issue and silenced it ?

#12 ·
I have tackled one before with similar symptoms, failed to find the leak, customer came back within 5 months - No air con! This has happened twice with the pre 2006 model.Get yours checked now before it empties, it will cost less to repair now than later. Good luck & keep us posted padpad

#13 ·
Hi, I had exactly the same with my 2004 diesel. It turned out to be a leaking condensor. This meant that there would still be gas in the system but it had a slow leak so it lost pressure and air would get in causing the bubbling and hissing noises! I had to have the condensor replaced and the system regassed for £180 and its been fine since! I used an on-line company called coolcaraircon.co.uk who are mobile technicians who come to you at home or work! If you check their web site you can check the price of the parts which also seemed quite cheap!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.