Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Have a 2013 Picanto 2 and, needing a new battery. When the battery was changed, the red airbag warning light is now on constantly.
Had it to the local stealer and they advise it needs a new airbag ecu and sorry it’s not covered as your car is out of warranty.
Also part is on backorder and could be 4-6 months for the part. Prob a £600+ bill
We can find a used part for £180 but the stealer won’t program it to the car.
Any help appreciated as the car is due it’s mot in 3 weeks and it won’t pass

TIA

·
Registered
Kia Niro 3 PHEV (70-plate) Horizon Blue
3,963 Posts
Hi all
Have a 2013 Picanto 2 and, needing a new battery. When the battery was changed, the red airbag warning light is now on constantly.
Had it to the local stealer and they advise it needs a new airbag ecu and sorry it’s not covered as your car is out of warranty.
Also part is on backorder and could be 4-6 months for the part. Prob a £600+ bill
We can find a used part for £180 but the stealer won’t program it to the car.
Any help appreciated as the car is due it’s mot in 3 weeks and it won’t pass

TIA
That's a bummer! We had a new battery fitted to my wife's Picanto 2 (13-plate same as yours) during the summer and everything was up and running with no resets necessary. Got it from Halfords and fitted at home so (in spite of their reputation) I have no complaints. And the fitter turned up at the agreed time.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi I was wondering if you got this sorted. I have been waiting on a airbag ecu since june2021. My airbag light is permanently on as well. The last update I have is kia expected them in around November but I'm unable to get any further information from dealer or kia.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Similar issue with warning light coming on last month 3 weeks before MOT due. Car still 28 days warranty remaining and fixed under warranty at dealer. Getting the new modulator was a roll of the dice on whether there was one available.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, I have the same situation with the airbag light on permanently...I've bought the Foxwell Elite auto pro scanner & did a couple of scans - each result was :- NO fault... &... the scanner couldn't communicate with airbag :-( I tried a few scans of other modules & that worked well...

My vehicle is a Kia Picanto 2, 5 door, 3 cylinder, 2014 model &, has only 6000 miles on the clock (1000 miles when I bought it, 3 years ago) Any ideas chaps/chapesses !!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts