Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, im miffed...

Had the dash out to replace a couple of lamps, done the lotwhilstit was out.

the airbag lamp was deffo not defective before, I have double checked the continuity of all the lamps removed as well, just to be on the safe side, and no, just the 2 I knew were duds.

Im guessing (and hoping) that my pulling the dash out has disturbed the wiring to the drivers airbag, does anyone know where the nearest connectors are, are they under the dash, or under the shroud?

This is a little annoying, as I also managed to bust my drivers armrest during this process (Grrrrrr) and I am led to beleive I cant just remove the lamp for the MOT now either

·
Registered
702 Posts
timtheenchanteruk said:
OK, im miffed...

Had the dash out to replace a couple of lamps, done the lotwhilstit was out.

the airbag lamp was deffo not defective before, I have double checked the continuity of all the lamps removed as well, just to be on the safe side, and no, just the 2 I knew were duds.

Im guessing (and hoping) that my pulling the dash out has disturbed the wiring to the drivers airbag, does anyone know where the nearest connectors are, are they under the dash, or under the shroud?

This is a little annoying, as I also managed to bust my drivers armrest during this process (Grrrrrr) and I am led to beleive I cant just remove the lamp for the MOT now either
Are you sure ? you cant remove the bulb, I'm not sure its part of the UK MOT yet. I know it was spoken about but not implemented yet. The best thing to do is ring the local test station and ask them

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yup, came in 1st Jan, along with a load of other new stuff, checked with 2 MOT testers, warning lamps are now checked for functionality.

·
Registered
702 Posts
timtheenchanteruk said:
yup, came in 1st Jan, along with a load of other new stuff, checked with 2 MOT testers, warning lamps are now checked for functionality.
Yep you are right it came in on 1st Jan this year ,just looked it up although some dash board warning lights have been part of the test for a number of years such as the ABS light /headlight and high beam/and indicator amongst others.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts