Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2006 Sportage XS CRDi which I've had from brand new and now has 40k on the clock.

Up till now, not one single problem with this car.

However, recently I accidentally stalled it when pulling away- like you do sometimes - and when I started it again the airbag light was on solidly.

After 10 minutes or so it went off and stayed off. Since then it intermittently came on and went off over the next few days. Then 2 days ago it came on againand has stayed on ever since.

I don't know if the stalling thing is a pure coincidence - probably as I can't really see how that could be connected but thought I'd mention it.

I would appreciate any thoughts or experiences anyone's had with Sportage airbag lights?

I think plugging the car into a computer to read the fault codes should be free - but dealers always charge for it, just to give you a quote! Seems like a rip-off to me...

Thanks,

Dan.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had this problem. Went to the dealer and they did reset the light a couple of times.At my next service they had a closer look and the bottom of the passenger FIS sensor was missing! So moist entered the sensor and did a shortcircuit!
They replaced the sensor and that was over a year ago now.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Thanks for the info.

Do you happen to know where the sensor is so I can check it?

Also, did they charge you to reset the light?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
first you need to know if it is the FIS sensor or not :)But you can easily spot them if you pop the hood. One on each side of the fram in the front.

No charge to reset the light.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts