Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Picanto which is 2 years old. I am not sure if there is a fault or if it is normal. When I put the A/C on without pressing the dedicated front windscreen button it is cold..... If I press the dedicated from windscreen button then the air that comes out of the vents by windscreen is warm even though the A/C is on. If I then press the windscreen button again to go back to using vents on dashboard it is then cold again this is with the temp set at 16. Is this normal? or should it be really cold when windscreen button is pressed?

·
Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
570 Posts
Hi Jaynie, welcome to the forum!

I think what you describe is probably normal. The 'dedicated front screen button' you refer to is intended for maximum defrosting / demisting of the windscreen, so it makes sense that the HVAC programming heats the air. When you just select the windscreen vents normally, it will just pump-out air at the same temperature as the the face and footwell vents.

At least, that's what I reckon based on my Proceed; I imagine KIA program their cars much the same. Hopefully a Picanto owner will be along so to confirm, or deny!

Reactions: phil866

·
Registered
Picanto 1.0T GDi GT-Line
1,086 Posts
I'll have a look tomorrow whilst I'm on my way for my second jab. Will report back. :geek:

·
Registered
643 Posts
It's no different on my ceed. The dedicated front screen button is to demist/defrost, working on certain criteria, like switching on the screen heat element where relevant. On mine it also switches to full blower because that's the quickest way to demist.

·
Registered
Picanto 1.0T GDi GT-Line
1,086 Posts
Thank you
Many apologies jaynie, I did forget. I've just realised your car has climate control and my Picanto does not, however my Skoda Fabia, which does have climate control, reacts in the same way the Kia's with climate control seem to. I think it's normal practice so the cold air is maximised on the windscreen.

·
Registered
Titanium Silver Kia Picanto GT-Line S 1.0 TGDI
14 Posts
Hi Jaynie
I have a Picanto 1.0 Turbo GT-Line S with with climate control. Mine does the same.
I believe it is for quick demisting of the windscreen. Dry warm air demists the screen pretty quickly.
The owners manual goes very in depth on the climate control.
Hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts