Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The air conditioning on my 07 Sedona has decided to pack up this weekend.
When i turn it on nothing happens at all, previously when i turned it on the engine altered and

you could hear the air con start up, but now nothing.

Does thissound like the air con has packed up, or does it need recharging?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I think I read somewhere on this forum a while ago that if there's not enough gas in the system the pump won't activate.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just tried to get mine re-gassed at Kwik Fit.

They said they couldn't do it as the compressor is "Kaput"

no leaks, seals okay but ........

They checked and quoted ........... wait for it ............ £615.00 .... for the part ....

it's a 04 model.

When I switch it on the I hear no change in the engine.

Just wondering what options I have now ...

·
Registered
189 Posts
I use a mobileair con company here in the south east, they really know their stuff. What area are you?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Funny you should say that
had a search on net and found a Saab forum where a guy had the sane problem as me ...

Called in a mobile air con guy, got here quick, gassed up.

1st said that i need 1500 pressure and that Kwik Fit had only put in 500 and that the compressor ouldn't kick in till 650 any how.

Then when it didnt kick in he had a look and the drive belt for the compressor had come off ...

So it's booked in with a garage to get that sorted, in any more gas needed he'll sort it FOC

came out for £45 ........... cheaper than Kwik Fit ...

·
Registered
14 Posts
had my air con sorted by Kia last october on warranty, leaking seals at the back, had to remove seats floor ect to get at em, plus waiting 2 weeks fro parts from Kia. Now it doesn't work again, asked them about a guarrantee on the work they did and was told to go away! i said , so if it packed up again the next day (after the warranty expired) then the work you did for the last month is not guarranteed, they said yes, I find this appalling, dont want another warranty, just a guarrantee on the work they carried out!! how do I know they just didn't bodge it`?

·
Registered
192 Posts
the belt came off the compressor why are you paying for a garage to do an easy job .and you never go to somewhere like kwikfit thats as bad as going to halfrauds you must find a good breakers yard i priced a compressor at a yard i use and was told 50quid.

·
Registered
7 Posts
"the belt came off the compressor why are you paying for a garage to do an easy job ."

easy for you

went to Kiwk Fit for the gas, not for the compressor, they just gave me a price for it ...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts