Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my firts car with Air Con so I'm not sure if I have a problem or not.

The air comes out reasonably cold, but on a really hot day struggles to cool the car.

I'm not sure if there are levels of effectiveness beween the 'basic' air con and climate control.

Is your's effective?

Perhaps it needs a re-gas, thoughts....?

·
Registered
7 Posts
My wife's air-con is really good. It's the climate control version but I 'think' there actually air conditioning unit would be the same.

Surely it's just the electronic control system that's the difference in the two and not the cooling elements. I'm no mechanic so I can't be sure. You may be right about the need for re-gassing. I think even kwik-fit does this now. Not tried them though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, Had a look for the pollen filter, looks a bit tight behind glove box and couldn't work out if I needed to remove glovebox. Are you certain there will be one as I've looked to buy a new one and it doesn't come up for my model (1.8LX petrol).

Thanks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've now been in touch with KIA and got a filter (its actually 2 filters). looking again at the car I can see where the new filters need to be installed, just need to work out the fiendish way the glovebox is attached. Once that's out of the way it looks a quick job. Any glovebox removal advice welcome.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What a good call from murphwiz to look at the filters in the first instance, thanks very much for that as it did the trick. I'm now getting complaints that it's too cold!

Removal of the glovebox is pretty simple once you know. just open as normal, get a good grip and pull upwards. There are no clips or anything. Then you just need to wangle out of the hole and access to the filters is easily available via a vertical clip cover.

I removed the old filters that were very black and put the fan on full blast. It seemed to clear out all the debris. New filters installed in a matter of seconds and job done.

Just to re-cap,

No tools needed at all

Glovebox requires a sharp pull upwards to remove

Filters are accessed via a clip on cover

I got the replacement filters directly from KIA as I'd looked on the web and was struggling to find any, plus I was after them for this weekend.

Cost some £32. Next time I'll look longer on the web.

Thanks.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I got a set from the local spares shop, around £15 ifI remember right, Blueprint list 'em and any good factor will have their catalogue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys, are both filters found behined the glovebox? my air con is a bit warm, also, can you recharge the AC yourself? if so does anyone know where the recharge point is? any help is greatly appreciated,
thanks.

Kev

·
Registered
120 Posts
Both filters are behind the glovebox- it's only really one filter in two parts because it would be too big to install in one piece sothey're stacked, you pull the top one out and the next one is underneath and you slide it up and pull it out ofthe sameslit you got the first part out of.

And no, you can't recharge the aircon yourself!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts