Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iwonder if anybody has complained about the air con, I don,t think that it gets as cold as I would have liked,I have had it checked ,its OK but unless I run it on fullfor the first 10 mins I do not think it gets cold enough.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
i actually made a similar comment yesterday in a sunny traffic jam..... but with the dark windows it makes the car cold enough for me. My friends Audi makes the inside of the windscreen ice up..... thats overkill in my book. I reckon the Souls is a touch limited to aid efficiency.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had a megane with climate control before the soul 2, and during the recent warm spell the soul only jusy coped. The megane could hold the temperature at 15c on the warmest of days. It's not done for efficiency jusy cost saving, just as the clutch shares the brake reservoir. One advantage it does have over the megane is reliability.

·
Registered
161 Posts
crdi2 man...mines been great in the hot weather,5 up,the passengers have been complaining at times of it being too cold

·
Registered
662 Posts
CHECK YOUR POLLEN FILTERS they have a big impact on the amount if air being pushed through the unit and remember to put the recirc on so your not trying to cool hot air all the time

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Viking Paul said:
CHECK YOUR POLLEN FILTERS they have a big impact on the amount if air being pushed through the unit and remember to put the recirc on so your not trying to cool hot air all the time
Good point with the recirculation...thanks

·
Registered
309 Posts
Mines been fine so far , may have to keep an eye on it. I always change back to normal air near home , stops steaming up next time you use it .

Remember when its not hot , to use your A/C at least once a month ( at least ten mins ) this keeps it ticking over through the winter ( put it on heating though , no need to freeze yourself ) lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can you use the recirculation on a long journey ?I thought it could only be used short term,when stuck behind a lorry etc

·
Registered
283 Posts
If you put the control to "max ac" it will automatically engage recirculate. Mine is absolutely freezing in no time so maybe they need a gas top up.
Max ac or recirc should not be used for long periods or there is a chance the windows will mist up.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If I run it on max with recirc then its ok the main problem is normal running on about speed 2 with the aircon on,its not to bad but I expected it to be colder than what it is. Maybe its me wanting more out of it than I get, its been checked and they said it was ok when it was serviced in Oct,I will get it checked again to make sure.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
All our old Ford handbooks and the BMW 1 series handbook have said the same, use recirc to get the temp inside the car down quickly but not to leave recirc onall the time since you end up breathing stale air and the windows can fog up.

Paul

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Dave R said:
If I run it on max with recirc then its ok the main problem is normal running on about speed 2 with the aircon on,its not to bad but I expected it to be colder than what it is. Maybe its me wanting more out of it than I get, its been checked and they said it was ok when it was serviced in Oct,I will get it checked again to make sure.
Soft Northern Wuss!..........

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have rented one in the US and it was more than capable of dealing with June Florida sun. If we assume the system is the same for this market and not de-rated then it should be able to play at cooling in this climate.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How dare you sir, Soft Northern Wuss indeed !I like to be cool , the middle name is cool. My son however has a different opinion , why is everybody picking on me.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Would you believe Tempest he used to say that my other car was a hairdressers special and he did not see what the fuss was about with an open top.Since I gave him the car he seems to have changed his mind and if the sun glimmers the top is down ! KIDS !I have sorted the air con, it seems to be colder now its been run for alonger time, I used to run it in the winter but only for 10min or so unless I needed to defog the windows.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts