Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The air con on my wife's 2008 Pro Cee'd 3 1.6 CRDI has just stopped working. We had it re-gassed around 6 months ago, and when that needed doing you could hear the system kick in but it didn't blow cold air out, this time I can't hear anything kick in - does this mean the compressor (or whatever it is) could have stopped working? Does anyone have any experience of this or know of any common faults with the air con system/price of replacement parts? Car has done 137k.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The air con on my wife's 2008 Pro Cee'd 3 1.6 CRDI has just stopped working. We had it re-gassed around 6 months ago, and when that needed doing you could hear the system kick in but it didn't blow cold air out, this time I can't hear anything kick in - does this mean the compressor (or whatever it is) could have stopped working? Does anyone have any experience of this or know of any common faults with the air con system/price of replacement parts? Car has done 137k.
Don't know if it will be of use but on my previous sportage my aircon stopped working, took it in and was due to a crack behind the grill or something. They said it was probably due to a stone hitting something behind the grill...(sportage does have quite open grill i suppose) how true that was i don't know, as i only had the car about 6 months at that time.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I'm assuming it's either stone damage to one of the parts or part failure - it has to be something like that as we've only recently had it re gassed and they didn't find any leaks.

·
Registered
338 Posts
You need to take it back to where it was re gassed and get them to check the pressure as a/c has low pressure switch. If it is low get them to leak test by adding uv dye to the gas, this is then checked with uv light.
When the clutch drive went on my ceed 2009 with 80,000 miles I purchased a O.E spec compressor (had exact same cast numbers on it) for around £190 and fitted it myself, then had the system vac and re gassed for £50.
autoairconparts.co.uk

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
It might be the compressor or a host of other things but note that if the gas is very low the compressor will not run (to protect it, they don't like to run dry) so it might be that you have a leak. Wot RichardB said, go back to the place where it was regassed.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah it's not just blowing hot air it's just not cold like it used to be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts