Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the air con seems to draw a lot of power from the engine on my 2lt crdi 2005 when turned on, previous cars [s40,rover 45 derv]that ive owned never showed the same characteristic the crdi air con unit does have ice cold air so anyone find the same problem ?or maybe its normal? i havent checked any wiring for corrosion or loose connections but have had diagnostic check +winter check at marsh and nothing showed up [not that we were looking for that fault anyway] any feedback appreciated

·
Registered
476 Posts
Can you be slightly more precise with the "characteristic" shown when you put the a/c on? My Mk2's used to drop appx 100rpm from memory, you could certainly hear the compressor kicking in but never noticed any drop in engine power whilst driving if that's what you mean.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply supa when im driving and pop the air con on i feel it like a slight drag or hold back it is probably nothing other than normal for the vehicle but i live with the issues of carens and the good outways the bad [its the dogs car really]you have had a few carens yourself so you know i am fitting a new cam censor when it comes, it might even be that as it has shown up on the diag check as possibly needs changing

·
Registered
476 Posts
Can't say I noticed any "drag" but yes, you do know when the a/c is on, guess I just got used to it!

I don't think the VFM a Carens gives can be beaten, guess that's why I'm still driving one for my living!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts