Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all this is my first post about my first kia.i have just bought a 58 reg kia ceed sw and would like to fit reverse sensors.my question is can anyone tell me how to get the rear bumper off as i can't get behind it
thanks in antisipation. brian.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Get it done by your dealer - I did.

When you've had reversing sensors you'll never be able to drive again without them. They are almost an essential.

Suprisingly the Hyundai I30 has them as standard on a number of models - unlike the Ceed hatch-back.

·
Registered
94 Posts
They are standard on trim level 3 model year 2010 onward.

I have seen some as fitted to a Peugeot 5008 that has a central screen normally used by the sat nav, but when in reverse it becomes the display for the sensors. It shows a map of each sensor's detection area and how far away from the obstruction it maybe.

It does the same for the front ones automatically when you become close enough for it to mean something, it has sensors in the side as well so you can tell how close you maybe to a wall or the side of the garage door, that's very definitely got to be fitted to my next car in 6 years time when my present warranty runs out.

I suppose CCTV would be another way but you would have to keep themclean or have the added complication of washers and wipers fitted another £1,000 on the list price I think.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I fitted them to our (new) Kia Soul. Got a kit of eBay for £20. This included painted white sensors and even a holesaw. The colour match was perfect.Just wired them to the feed to the reversing lamp.

http://d3datacom.co.uk/forums/kiasoul/Rear%20bumper%20protection%203.JPG">

However, there was plenty of space behind the Soul bumper and I didn't need to take it off. I could feel behind it after popping out the foglamps.
Not looked at the Ceed bumper, as my 2010 Ceed SW comes with the sensors fitted - although they aren't colour matched like my £20 eBay ones

1 - 5 of 5 Posts