Kia Owners Club Forum banner

aftermarket radio solution

3K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  paulus90 
#1 ·
Hi there,

I'm looking at swapping out my JVC unit for an aftermarket double din radio to add Bluetooth, dab etc. To the car but it's hard getting info on this car so it seems...

Has anyone else done this? If so does a double din radio fit or so I need a fascia kit? Etc.

Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
Yes I did.

Any double.din radio fits but refit the foam trim that is fitted to the JVC to cover the small gap. Also if the new unit is mechless and is only about 3 inches deep then it's difficult to fit bit not impossible! Shame Kia never did an OEM unit really.

#5 ·
Totally agree. Also recently learned that the JVC unit has a cd changer port on the back. You can convert this to an aux port with a simple cable and connect a dab/Bluetooth aftermarket adaptor with no wires on show if you'd prefer to keep the OEM unit. Other than that it's aftermarket all the way. The Sedona has the standard ISO radio plugs and ISO banana type antenna plug. Can't help with steering wheel controls as I have the LS model...

Also looking into an in car multimedia setup with a roof mounted screen but I'm gonna have to build some sort of signalled speaker input switch so the MMS will use rear speakers when in use and radio uses all speakers when not in use...

#6 ·
Good to know.

I've bought a bt adapter that plugs into the 3.5mm aux plug on mine. It was a tenner if it doesn't work I'll send it back and look into it further

Interesting on the build idea. My kids get travel sick so no DVD and I dint have dyeing wheel controls either

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.