Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking around for the widest side steps i can find to try and prevent stones etc hitting the bottom of the doors, ehen checking for fixing points underneath i noticed a large plastic panel about halfway down the car on the passenger side which covers the chassis rails. Does anyone know if you have to remove/modify this panel to fit the brackets for the steps and what is it covering also if this was modified/removed would it create any warranty issues?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sorry Kiaman, we had our dealer fit ours for us.

I noticed the other day when we went over a gravelly part that the stones seem to be hitting the steps rather than the body work, and we just have the standard steps.

·
Registered
290 Posts
kiaman said:
I have been looking around for the widest side steps i can find to try and prevent stones etc hitting the bottom of the doors, ehen checking for fixing points underneath i noticed a large plastic panel about halfway down the car on the passenger side which covers the chassis rails. Does anyone know if you have to remove/modify this panel to fit the brackets for the steps and what is it covering also if this was modified/removed would it create any warranty issues?
If you look on Direct 4x4 site it shows in photos the fixings and the plastic tray does have to be cut to allow acsess to fixing points and wouldnt like to guess as to warrenty problems but dont know if genuine Kia has to be cut to fit.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys ,I had a look at the direct 4x4 site and also emailed them they confirmed the steps they sell have a third bracket which requires cutting the plastic panel, so i had a look underneath a sportage at the dealers which has genuine kia ones on and they only have 2 two brackets, so missing the plastic panel, there must be a reason why kia dont cut or have a modified panel, so it looks like its the kia steps just a couple of sticking points though I would need to remove the front mudflaps to fit them ,and as has been previouslysaid they're not very practical to use as steps (not wide enough) , also the price is a bit steep @£397 fitted (dealer quote0 i don't know how much they are to buy and fit yourself though

1 - 5 of 5 Posts