Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the site and this topic has probably been covered before but carnt find anything.

I have bought a Sorento but the aeriel mast has been damaged, its all in tact but wont retract fully into the front wing. Can I buy just the mast or have I got to replace the hole electic aeriel? If I can get just the mast how do I go about taking the old one out and putting the new one in?

Any help would be appriecated.

Once again sorry if this topic has been covered before.

·
Registered
101 Posts
when i bought my sorento last month the antenna too didn'tretract fully into the front wing. it made a two click sounds thenswitchingon the radio and it did made the same two click sounds when switching the radio off.

now it's all working perfect.

this is what i did;
usingpenetratingoil and was helping the antenna to come out fully (just pull it when it comes out and push it in when going down). when fully erected i used sandpaper (1200) to polish the antenna. switched the radio on / off a couple times to get the antenna working again. used a rag to clean all the penetrating oil and dirt off. then put some sawing machine oil on it to keep it lubricated. all good and costs £0

one note; keep a rag at the foot of the antenna to prevent any oil / dirt / etc from dripping on the front wing / paint.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks very much for the advice. Just tried the sandpaper and bit of oil and working better already. Will spend another hour on it and hopefully it will be sorted .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts