Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all ,
Tuesday i took my car to a garage for a clutch replacement, as when i pressed the clutch in there was rattling. Apart from the rattling no other issues.
Anyway they informed me that i needed a fly wheel as well. Had a message from the garage today to collect my car work all done great.

Got my car back it was making a terrible noise, so took it back to the garage who informed me that i needed a new transfer box or should i say new gearbox.
I explain that the gear box was fine when i dropped my car off and at no point whilst the car being repaired did they say the gear box damaged.
So myself and my husband went back to the garage again telling them they need to repair the issue , the garage have said that the flywheel has damaged the gear box and that i wouldnt of noticed the damage to the gear box because the rattling of the so called fly wheeland that the fly wheel has also damaged the starter motor causing the car not to start. The garage are refusing to take liability for the issue and we were told and i quote get the fucking car off the garage now, and the garaged closed up and he went leaving us stranded.

My car is a sportage 2015 kx-3 awd 2.0 diesel.
Where do i stand on this as they wont fix the damage they have caused

Sorry for the long post
Sallie x

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi beaut , im unsure because ive only had the car since july and not all service history is filled in i disnt purchase it from kia, and the work was not done at kia, it was done at an independant garage

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They checked it over aparently but when they pulled it into a bay i was sitting in the waiting room i could hear a car not starting well, i didnt realise it was my car. It sounds like a bag of shit and now wont start stuck on a side road by the garage. I dont know what ti do after the hostility of the garage mechanic.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Where do i stand on this
Welcome to the forum, 'Sford102'.

Regrettably, you are unlikely to get the advice or guidance you seek from an online car forum. You really need legal advice and either Citizens' Advice or a solicitor is probably the way to go. If you have free legal assistance with your car insurance, that would be my choice to understand where you are legally.

Sadly, I think this could get very messy, particularly so if your car is no longer warranty compliant. Was the garage a KIA dealership?

Reactions: Zebster

·
Registered
378 Posts
How do i know if my car has warranty? Thanx guys
Generally speaking... Sub 7 years, old with a full documented service history. You said you have missing service history so I think you can forget any chance of a Kia warranty claim.... Even more so if a Non Kia garage have been changing bits and messing about with it!

Would u say the garage is correct in saying the gearbox was already damage and that i wouldnt of noticed the issue due to flywheel rattling?
Possible, depending on the severity of the flywheel noise.

I find it hard to see how the flywheel has damaged the gearbox though (as you said in first post)... Unless its fractured and cracked the casing.

I think a happy outcome in this is going to be very difficult for you to achieve.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts