Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Update so far:

2001 2.5 V6 Petrol

6 months ago - all new lamda sensors as the originals had gone causing engine management light to go on and fail MOT on emmissions.

Major fluid loss - front and rear rocker gaskets replaced, new oil filter, engine flush to settle tappet noise.

Mass flow sensor replaced as diognostics indicated.

Spent approx £1000 being in kia dealerships and auto electricians.

Engine management light still on and now car is stuttering at low gears
but fine top end. As the car has been running so rich for so long would anyone think that maybe the catalytic convertor is so blocked up with carbon that the block will have collapsed and in turn choking the engine. Going to get one depending on what I can find out has anyone any suggestions please ps engine management light on all the time but cant really afford to pay on diognostics that never tell you anything

·
Registered
682 Posts
Cra16 you do need to have the fault codes read from the ECU, to determine what is switching on the engine management light, with this lit the engine will be running in limp mod.
With codes from the ECU, the forum maybe able to point you in the direction of the fault.

Bob.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do understand completely however I have had fault codes read from the ECU six times in 2 months at a price of £25 a time and it took kia until the third time to find that the mass flow sensor had gone as most times it comes back as there is no problem. This is where I am having so much hassle ps I have been to different kia dealerships for fault reading.

·
Registered
192 Posts
you dont need to go to kia to get the ecu read a guy i know has the box that reads any car faults and he does it for free kia, are the last people id go to as with all car dealers rip off artist, look for a small indipendant garage to do it i had the same prob with my musso ssangyongwanted 1800 quid to replace my clutch ,i ended up doing it myself for 250 total conmen.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it is not the problem of getting anyone to do it I have also used other people instead of dealers but no one can give me any sensible answers. Firstly it told me a lamda sensor had gone, turned out all four had, then mass flow sensor which I replaced. It then told me catalytic convertor had gone so I had it replaced yesterday. EM light back on and still in the same situation am now going to get the car pressure tested to check the head and if not that then I will get rid of it

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have had three seperate people 2 reputable auto electricians and kia themselves. I loved this car but she has to go now. Going to sell it for spare or repair, it runs ok but it has £1100 of new parts on it ie catalytic convertor (1 day old) has 83000 on the clock w reg and in white gonna have to buy a cheap motor to do me for the mo. Thankyou for all your help

Edited by: cra16

1 - 7 of 7 Posts