Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have just acquired a 55 plate Carens. We took it out for a good run yesterday for the first time. As it was really cold yesterday we had to keep experimenting to get the demister and heating working properly. It seemed as though we had to keep putting the AC button on to clear the windows.
However, this morning hubby went out to the car and discovered that the front carpets were wet in the wells (we haven't had any rain overnight).
The areas around, that is up into the under pedal area and corresponding on the passenger side are dry.

We were wondering if it could be water from the AC condenser which had leaked into the car. Can anybody give us some advice on this or has anyone experienced something similar. We bought the car in a private buy so there is no dealer warranty or anything.

Sally

·
Registered
476 Posts
Sounds very much like a heater matrix fault to me. The wet carpets will cause the demist problem, turn the a/c off & run it like that for a while to get the screen clear or leave it on permanently, don't keep switching between the 2.

Can you ask the previous owner if he had the carpets steam cleaned? If he says no then I'd lay good money the fault is as I described with the matrix.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am trying to upload a couple of pics from photobucket which I hope will illustrate our problem but ... having absolutely no luck in the upload, keep getting error message 'check path' etc.
I've tried copying and pasting from the photobucket page but all I get is a yellow banner in the direcdt link box which says 'copied'. Tried also to type the code in manually but no luck. Is there anyone out there who can help me, plse.

Sally

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Salgor go into photobucket find the pic you want to copy and just click your left mouse button on the drop down menu of the pic the part that says IMG code. then come here and then the area/ box where you are typing right click and paste the IMG code. Then click on preview and you should see your pic along with the text you have written.
Heres one I did just now

1 - 7 of 7 Posts