Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm new to this and would like to ask for some advice. I really like the look of the facelift Magentis (09 onwards) however I would like to ask a couple of questions, what it like for build quality and MPG of the 148 bhp 2.0CRDi?

I used to have an Elantra (54 plate) 2.0 CRDi and I have to say it was the worst car I have ever had, it was unrelaible and the MPG was shocking, the best I ever got was 44mpg on a 800 mile trip, in mixed driving you were lucky to touch 40mpg. I currently have a 03 Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDi 110 which regularly returns 60mpg, I understand the Kia is a bigger car and might not reach this but I would like it to hit 50mpg in mixed driving.

I am really tempted by the looks and the long warranty however there is one for sale registered 2009 so I believe it will be out of warranty due to the 7 year deal starting in Jan 2010?

Cheers

Mike.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
WOW! loads of advice fom here!

I guess I'll just avoid KIA then and stick with VAG group, after reading other owners reviews it seems they still have the same issues I had with my Hyundai. Hopefully the optima will be better and up to scratch in a couple of years when I'll be able to afford one.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Sorry you have not been flooded with advice on here but there's not alot of guys with the Magentis on here. The new Optima with the 1.7CRDI unit should have better mpg but no one on this forum has one yet.
I dont think you could better the mpg of the VAG 1.9TDI PD engine to be honest as it well known for giving great economy. VAG have gone onto the CR engine now and it also appears to give great mpg.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Reliability wise my magentis has been OK, had a few issues with the brakes. On a run I can get around 45mpg and round town (ish) only about 39mpg, it is bigger than the elantra. Although reliable, if you need any parts, they are expensive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts