Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Years ago it used to be possible to adjust the direction of the washer jets with a fine needle or pin. Is that still possible on the cee'd? ISTR older style jets had what looked like a ball bearing with a hole in. The cee'd has some black platic rectangular things.
The jets are situated on the underside of the bonnet about an inch back, one of mine has taken to squirting that 1 inch of bonnet lip rather than the window. To me that suggests that its aim is too high.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The fan type nozzles fitted to the Ceed are not adjustable. Odd spray patterns are caused by some washer additives which foul the nozzles.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, the only stuff thats been in my washer bottle is what the dealer put in it.
I need to taker a close look at this in the light, and when the weather is not gonna freeze my fingers solid.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I've never noticed this, I'm intrigued to look at the window washers on mine. Surely people have been happy with the way window washers function and can be adjusted for years... if it aint broke, don't try and fix it.

I do hate it when things are changed that aren't actually an improvement or even require upgrading. After I bought my previous car (Merc C-class) I went out to check the oil only to find it didn't have a dipstick!!! Consulted the manual and found it was all electronic via the dashboard. Very clever, but I did always question if the computer knew best.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Check that the black plastic rectangular fan jets are pushed firmly into the holder. One of mine was the same giving an unusual aim onto the screen and eventually popped out and vanished. I think they work loose with the freezing weather. The missing jet was replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
6 Posts
kia told me they are not adjustable and are changing pump. independant said put hose pipe as far as you can in washer bottle and turn water on full. this dispurses gunk from pump inlet/bottom of washer bottle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts