Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my Carens this week and it's a lovely comfy car.

A couple of points, the glovebox lid rattles at certain engine revs and the inside is generally noisy. Does anyone know if the glovebox lid catch is adjustable and has anyone used any sound deadening material inside? Thanks,

Dave.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Sorry can't help with the glovebox, it's cold out there & I'm not going to go scrambling round in the dark!

When you say "it's generally noisy inside" are you referring to the glovebox or the car in general? I found changing tires made a lot of difference to the "drtone" level, also the position of the roof bars helps with wind noise, better to remove them completely if you're not going to need them!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was a lovely sunny day today so I popped outside to look at the glovebox catch. It seemed pretty well boxed in with plastic trim and I couldn't see a way to easily adjust anything. So with a little bit of brute force I bent the steel catch and tightened it up. Result - no rattle.

·
Registered
476 Posts
That fixed that then lol.

What about the noise or was it just the rattle you were referring to?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello Supacabby,

No it wasn't just the rattle. Compared to the Renault it is noisy inside. For all its electronic gremlins the Scenic is quite sophisticated and inside it is easy to think it's a petrol engine. It's uncannily quiet. I still like the Kia though I'm not knocking it, and for an auto it's got a fair turn of speed. I see you have a Mk 3. I should imagine that's a big update on the Mk 2. Next summer I might see about fitting some sound deadening around the bulkhead and under the carpets, but I can live with it for now, it's not like its blowing my eardrums, just a little noisier than I would prefer.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Sorry I didn't realise yours was a Mk2. I've had 2 of those & yes, they are a tad noisier than the Mk3 & yes again, the Mk3 is a great improvement in almost all ways. I had my last Mk2 chipped up to 135bhp as I was towing a fairly hefty caravan, it made a huge difference to the torque & driveability & I didn't notice any drop in fuel consumption as I'd feared! I'm sure you didn't pay a fortune for it, live with the extra growl & smile at those who pay many more £'s for their similar products!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah yes I had a Fiat Multipla that was chipped to about 130-140. Very smile inducing.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Supacabby said:
I had my last Mk2 chipped up to 135bhp as I was towing a fairly hefty caravan, it made a huge difference to the torque & driveability & I didn't notice any drop in fuel consumption as I'd feared!
Hi

Do you have any more info on the chip upgrade?

Thanks

·
Registered
476 Posts
<H1>Chip And Tune</H1>
<DIV id=company>Highfield Plantation
A21 Whatlington
Near Battle
East Sussex
TN33 0NH
Phone: 01424 871080
Email: [email protected]

I used the above company who are an "Evolution Chips" agent, was very pleased with all aspects of the job from price to service levels both pre & post installation.

HTH,

Mark.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts