Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Following advice in another forum, I have downloaded all the C&CC sites onto my Venga sat nav.

Download the sites from the club site as a .csv file onto a usb memory stick.
When you open it it a will be a list of all sites by latitude and longitude.
Insert a new row at the top and label the columns as
Longitude Latitude Name
Save this as a csv file.

Go to garmin.gps-data-team.com/poi_manager.php

Use the file importer on this site to convert the file to a .gpx file and save.

Put the memory stick into the usb socket of the car and click on My Poi's . The files will show and all you do is press the download button. This process is described better than mine in the car sat nav handbook.

Hope this works for you.

Does anyone know how to get the sat nav to show these on the map, instead of just being able to use them as journey destinations?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I thought all sat navs in Kia's are TomTom so surely the Garmin format wouldn't work? You can of course edit .csv files in MSExcel to add a row.

David

·
Registered
831 Posts
I thought all sat navs in Kia's are TomTom so surely the Garmin format wouldn't work? You can of course edit .csv files in MSExcel to add a row.

David
David, the sat nav's software is from Here Mapping, TomTom just provides the live services for traffic etc. On my previous Sportage the system would only accept KML files (Google mapping) although the handbook said it would also accept GPX. Unfortunately this facility has been removed on my current car.
I never found a way of displaying my POI's on the map.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts