Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, Just wondering what everyone does regarding topping up the adblue, do you wait for the low level warning to come on or just top it up when the indicator shows a certain amount left in the tank

·
Super Moderator
3,410 Posts
I decided to top up when it got below half tank. If you haven't done it yet there are a couple of things I found out. Firstly the filler neck is narrow and tends to spit back if you try and do it quickly. I bought a cheap plastic watering can, with a narrow spout, and I fill using that. Be patient. Secondly the read out doesn't reset straight away, it took a couple of trips before it showed full.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mr. macspot thats very helpful, at least I won't panic now when the guage doesn't reset straight away, btw which adblue do you use.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Thanks mr. macspot thats very helpful, at least I won't panic now when the guage doesn't reset straight away, btw which adblue do you use.
I used Redex because it was on a deal, but I don't think it makes much difference. BTW don't forget to wash away any spilt adblue, it makes a mess when it dries.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers alan, that's good to know I bought some redex in costco the other day

Reactions: Alanw47

·
Super Moderator
3,410 Posts
Redex. I bought a 10 litre bottle from Toolstation for a £10 (Screwfix had it at the same price). It comes with a filler tube, but it a heavy lump and unwieldy. Like Alan says keep some water and damp cloths handy, if you spill any it dries into a white material that looks horrible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.