Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in Wilco’s the other day and spotted they were selling 4Lts REDEX AdBlue quite cheap.
So I bought a can.
Normally the dealer tops it up a service, but as I was down to half a tank, I thought what the heck I’ll top it up myself.
Main reason for the post - if you top up your tank, be careful as you’ll end up with a load over your shoes as I did.
The vent in the tank can’t be very big, because after decanting about 2Lts in I thought I’d have a look at the level. Soon as I stopped pouring, it just blew back up the funnel.:mad:

·
Registered
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
1,435 Posts
I had the same problem. I bought 10 litres of Redex Adblue from Toolstation and when it got to half empty I decided to top up. I found it quickly starts to spurt back and the 10 litre container was difficult to handle. I bought a cheap plastic watering can, remove the rose and it works a treat.

Make sure you wipe up any overspill, it dries to a horrible white mess.

·
Registered
357 Posts
when using the 10l container be Very careful to screw the plastic funnel on correctly, do not rely on the funnel to support the container as you pour. if you dont you get wet feet and add blue all over the paint work:oops:

·
Registered
211 Posts
“Make sure you wipe up any overspill, it dries to a horrible white mess”

Daft question...but why’s it called AdBlue then?

(I’ll get me coat......)

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
“Make sure you wipe up any overspill, it dries to a horrible white mess”

Daft question...but why’s it called AdBlue then?

(I’ll get me coat......)
AdBlue is the commercial name, it actually urea and deionised water, it's just quicker to say AdBlue.

I'll keep my hat on.....

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Out of interest why is it called AdBlue.... was it the original trade mark?
It appears I’m not the only one to get it all over my shoes:)

·
Registered
211 Posts
“it is actually urea and deionised water”

“It appears I’m not the only one to get it all over my shoes“

Happens to us all some point the older we get :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
“it is actually urea and deionised water”

“It appears I’m not the only one to get it all over my shoes“

Happens to us all some point the older we get :rolleyes:
Worry about it when you start spilling your gin/whiskey down your front.... :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
And if you don’t like the strength you can always use it as a rust stripper :devilish:

I’ll stick with Lambs Navy, Captain Morgan, and one someone gave me as a present, The Original Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum, which is quite pleasant :)

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
And if you don’t like the strength you can always use it as a rust stripper :devilish:

I’ll stick with Lambs Navy, Captain Morgan, and one someone gave me as a present, The Original Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum, which is quite pleasant :)
I once got extremely drunk on rum, in my formative years, and I was found flat out in the middle of a rugby pitch, surrounded by the remains of my breakfast, dinner and tea... Never touched the stuff since.

A wee dram does my nicely thank you. Slàinte Mhath

1 - 12 of 12 Posts